• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Fedex in their infinite awesomeness somehow managed to damage 2 of the 5 boxes from the Rancho lift I sent to the guy that bought it and lost both crossmembers and half the diff bushing even though they were double boxed and padded and the diff bushing was taped to the crossmember, in a box, inside another box. I insured it all, but still extremely irritating. Already have an extra pair of crossmembers I bought before they discontinued it. Figured they would be the most likely things to get damaged off road and wanted to mod one of them for the steering rack removal issue.

Just need to get a diff bushing replacement then re box, strap it all to a pallet, put it in the storage shed, and forget about it til next year.
 

Lewiz VenomH3

Well-Known Member
Messages
97
Location
US
If you get it together later let me know. Il start saving for it.
Fedex in their infinite awesomeness somehow managed to damage 2 of the 5 boxes from the Rancho lift I sent to the guy that bought it and lost both crossmembers and half the diff bushing even though they were double boxed and padded and the diff bushing was taped to the crossmember, in a box, inside another box. I insured it all, but still extremely irritating. Already have an extra pair of crossmembers I bought before they discontinued it. Figured they would be the most likely things to get damaged off road and wanted to mod one of them for the steering rack removal issue.

Just need to get a diff bushing replacement then re box, strap it all to a pallet, put it in the storage shed, and forget about it til next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Fedex in their infinite awesomeness somehow managed to damage 2 of the 5 boxes from the Rancho lift I sent to the guy that bought it and lost both crossmembers and half the diff bushing even though they were double boxed and padded and the diff bushing was taped to the crossmember, in a box, inside another box. I insured it all, but still extremely irritating. Already have an extra pair of crossmembers I bought before they discontinued it. Figured they would be the most likely things to get damaged off road and wanted to mod one of them for the steering rack removal issue.

Just need to get a diff bushing replacement then re box, strap it all to a pallet, put it in the storage shed, and forget about it til next year.

I happen to have half a diff bushing if you need it, I can try and track it down if you come up short


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
That would be awesome, let me know the cost and a paypal addy for payment.

I happen to have half a diff bushing if you need it, I can try and track it down if you come up short


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Uh no, I really meant I won't ship it again, ever. Thing can rust away in storage for all I care.

I know you dont want to ship again. but would you be willing to put it all in a wooden crate and ship freight?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Messages
3,718
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Swapped out my old leather steering wheel for a new one. They are both leather, old one just looked too worn for my liking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

sprague_c

Member
Messages
5
Location
indiana
Wrapped my 2006 h3


769a66d123b1c32d7be7a0da9a099a0b.jpg
1bd5b166c02cf165e05142b10262f050.jpg


Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
That would be awesome, let me know the cost and a paypal addy for payment.

I was cleaning/unboxing up the garage last night and didn’t see it, but I have more to go tonight still, hopefully I can find the damn thing for ya!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
No need, located a replacement set with Daystar for 28$. The diff sits on that crossmember at an angle and wallows out that top bushing after a short while. Think I will add a plate to the c/m to match the diff angle so the bushing flange isn't being torn up. I'll probably get around to doing about never but I will leave a note on the skid plate in case I ever run out of projects and need something to do. :giggle:


I was cleaning/unboxing up the garage last night and didn’t see it, but I have more to go tonight still, hopefully I can find the damn thing for ya!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

H3V8

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Texas
Finally removed the chrome from the front. Used dupli-color primer and perfect match black + Spray Max 2K Clear Coat. Grill matches the body paint pretty well. We'll see how well it holds up painting over the chrome. Tried to be meticulous with it. But I've heard it's 50/50 with painting over chrome.

The fog light chrome rings were actually the worst part. Took forever to remove all the goop/melted glue from.


EEWW8y9.jpg
 

mjferencak

Well-Known Member
Messages
308
Location
Elbert, CO
Finally removed the chrome from the front. Used dupli-color primer and perfect match black + Spray Max 2K Clear Coat. Grill matches the body paint pretty well. We'll see how well it holds up painting over the chrome. Tried to be meticulous with it. But I've heard it's 50/50 with painting over chrome.

The fog light chrome rings were actually the worst part. Took forever to remove all the goop/melted glue from.


EEWW8y9.jpg

What tire are you running?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

SlcHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
368
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
I painted over my chrome grille without issue which has held up for 2-3 years with 1 touch up...I used plastidip originally which held up great but then ended up using truck liner on brush guard as well as my plastidip'd grill (touch up). I've been happy with the results :)
 
Top