• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

SEPUL

Member
Messages
5
Location
tafton pa
2009 h3t alpha super charged a few picks InstaFitIt20171116T202106.jpgInstaFitIt20170903T190216.jpg
 

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Left it at home. Tagged along with my wife on her work trip to Boston via NYC last week. Spent the day touring New England while she worked. Yeah, life isn't fair, but what can I say? Was a little concerned about the clearance in the Boston garages from what I saw online, so I opted to take the wife's car instead. Turns out, clearance wouldn't have been a problem after all. Worked out fine though. Her car was honestly a lot more fun for the trip, and the 32MPG average would have only been a dream in the H3. Drove from south of Cleveland to New Jersey on a single tank of gas. Couldn't have done that in the Hummer.
 

SEPUL

Member
Messages
5
Location
tafton pa
this is my broken plate should be one piece not the case was on the side of the road for hours almost 400 later had a road side weld job was going how do I get a replacement I get no reply 25110.jpg

Wanted to update you guys on what has been going on.

Again, I apologize for my mistake.

Yes, there is welded leaf spring bolt plates out there that I'm calling version 2. I had completely forgotten about that change because I didn't exactly make the change, I just verbally approved it.

Below is Version 3, it will be bent like the original design so that it cannot have the same failure. It also has some minor changes to improve the ease of installation. To make it easier to manufacture, the shock mount is 1/4" lower.

While this decision this isn't final, currently the thought is that there was no penetration resulting in a poor weld which caused failure. Again this isn't final, but this is currently the only reported incident so far.

I plan to replace his High Clearance Leaf Spring Bolt Plates free of charge with the new design. Although I would want to know those particular ones are destroyed somehow because shipping them will cost a ton.

I plan to offer everyone $10 off every part they purchase for the next month with the idea to raise awareness and to check their High Clearance Leaf Spring Bolt Plates.

For anyone that ever has any issues with my parts, know that I will do everything I can to take care of you within reason.

H3-Hummer-High-Clearance-Leaf-Spring-Bolt-Plate-Version-3.jpg
 

2010H3TAlpha

Well-Known Member
Messages
563
Location
Issaquah, WA
Bought the ebay flip key and had it programmed. Works great and looks awesome.
View attachment 23933
View attachment 23934


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not use that built-in key in your ignition, it WILL shut off your truck while you are driving. Our ignitions are affected by the GM ignition issues, though they were not officially recalled because the production numbers were so small. Mine shut off while doing 60mph on the highway and LUCKILY I was in the far right lane and I was able to safely pull to the shoulder and restart. The problem with this key is that it puts all of the fob weight in a bad angle and if you hit a bump at higher speed, it will move just enough to switch out of the "run" position. Really too bad because I love this fob and still use it, but only as a remote on a ring with a normal GM key.
 

Alpha X

Well-Known Member
Messages
453
Location
The Motor City
this is my broken plate should be one piece not the case was on the side of the road for hours almost 400 later had a road side weld job was going how do I get a replacement I get no reply

I'm curious when you purchased yours. I have a set of these also but I may take them off and throw them in the recycle bin.
 
Last edited:

mjferencak

Well-Known Member
Messages
308
Location
Elbert, CO
this is my broken plate should be one piece not the case was on the side of the road for hours almost 400 later had a road side weld job was going how do I get a replacement I get no reply View attachment 24012

Schwarttzy should make it right. I bought my pair after the discrepancy was found and received a proper pair. Have you emailed him about your issue?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

lsv_palana

Well-Known Member
Messages
383
Location
Kamchatka, Russia
Erick done well ! i can talk about my case. i send him message about my fail with plates and video. he says - ok. " i can make new ones with no weld". he kept his honest word and sent new plates to me.. now i am waiting for them...

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
this is my broken plate should be one piece not the case was on the side of the road for hours almost 400 later had a road side weld job was going how do I get a replacement I get no reply

Sorry about the delayed response, always busy it seems. Working on getting a new set shipped out soon.
 

lsv_palana

Well-Known Member
Messages
383
Location
Kamchatka, Russia
today i have got parcel from Erick with mounts. so what i see in the box. two mounts.... and nothing more.. no ubolts, no nuts ... mounts painted bad.. no powder paint..
f350da1a8687a2c084bd57751211ab26.jpg
9596c0c7c8741365ebacb07acdd68b64.jpg


Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
I'm curious when you purchased yours. I have a set of these also but I may take them off and throw them in the recycle bin.

Just check to see if yours is bended or welded. Mine look good. Haven't had a problem yet. I would keep your old spares with you just as a precaution tho.

i-9gW35Dw-X3.jpg


i-kvmf3t4-X3.jpg
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
I would never trust anything that was welded like that. Especially considering how far out you range on your trips.



today i have got parcel from Erick with mounts. so what i see in the box. two mounts.... and nothing more.. no ubolts, no nuts ... mounts painted bad.. no powder paint..
f350da1a8687a2c084bd57751211ab26.jpg
9596c0c7c8741365ebacb07acdd68b64.jpg


Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
two mounts.... and nothing more.. no ubolts, no nuts ... mounts painted bad.. no powder paint..

This is a low budget show... the Old U-Bolts and Nuts will work fine. You put me under pressure to ship it out sooner and the only option I had was to paint it. Regretably, I was told the paint had been drying longer.


ALL of the "High Clearance Leaf Spring Bolt Plates" are Powder Coated. This was a one off to get the parts to the customer sooner.
 

lsv_palana

Well-Known Member
Messages
383
Location
Kamchatka, Russia
I have no bad about Erick ! He good guy. I talk him about my problem and he fix it. he sent to me new plates and take no money from me. not for plates, not for shiping. i think he honest man. thank you Erick !

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk
 

2010H3TAlpha

Well-Known Member
Messages
563
Location
Issaquah, WA
Picked up a free riding lawn mower from our local Facebook buy nothing group, first time pulling a trailer with my new built transmission. Not the biggest load, but it was sooooo much smoother than the stock 4L60E:

G7VtRJD.jpg
 

svxr8dr

Well-Known Member
Messages
200
Location
SW WA ST
The hardest part was making room for the pod behind the plastic, but the lights themselves are switched with no connection to the reverse lights. I never had the oem roof lights, so a few months ago when they were available on Ebay I bought a couple of OEM light switches to use in the center console of the dash where I just had the two blanks. GM Part #88963885, plus the wiring pig tail GM Part #12101864.
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
Just purchase the CSF-7061 all aluminum radiator for my H3 Alpha through Summit... expensive, but I think it's the best option. I called CSF and they said it was in stock and would ship right away.
 
Top