• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

svxr8dr

Well-Known Member
Messages
200
Location
SW WA ST
New shoes - Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's
Cooper.JPG
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Ordered a JL sub and sub box that I think might work in a T with a little massaging and not take up a rear footwell like the current setup. Upgrading the audio has been kind of low on the priority list. Hoping I can fit something under the seat that sounds decent, has enough airspace for the sub, and is out of the way in otherwise useless space. Figured while I have it all apart to move the amp I will throw some sound deadener on the rear wall and doors. I was never really sold on sound deadener until I helped a buddy do an H2, If it wasn't for the headers you would think you were riding in a coffin.
 

SlcHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
368
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Some tube doors with safari nets. Still needs some work to install the front of the rear fender and also tighten up the nets. Been driving with just the tube doors for a few weeks and been loving it.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
Looks good, and I like the photoshop skills ;)

Thanks! It comes in real handy alot espically when I do Concept Renders to help visualize my ideas.

Some tube doors with safari nets. Still needs some work to install the front of the rear fender and also tighten up the nets. Been driving with just the tube doors for a few weeks and been loving it.

Looking really good! Just throwing out an idea here, but another modification you could do is to add rear door fender flare panels like on the orginal orginal door.

[COLOR=inherit !important]


[/COLOR]
 

DJW1442

Active Member
Messages
42
Location
Texas
Ordered a JL sub and sub box that I think might work in a T with a little massaging and not take up a rear footwell like the current setup. Upgrading the audio has been kind of low on the priority list. Hoping I can fit something under the seat that sounds decent, has enough airspace for the sub, and is out of the way in otherwise useless space. Figured while I have it all apart to move the amp I will throw some sound deadener on the rear wall and doors. I was never really sold on sound deadener until I helped a buddy do an H2, If it wasn't for the headers you would think you were riding in a coffin.

have you replaced your door speakers? i think mine in the t are starting to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Long time ago. Polk components in the front, 6x9 in the rear. The stock paper speakers are junk.

have you replaced your door speakers? i think mine in the t are starting to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

SlcHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
368
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Looking really good! Just throwing out an idea here, but another modification you could do is to add rear door fender flare panels like on the orginal orginal door.

Thanks. The guy I got the tube doors from had two tabs/holes put on it to mount the fenderto but the two are not enough for freeway speeds and the bottom does not sit flush. It's a work in progress but I do plan on being able to mount the fenders eventually.
 

DJW1442

Active Member
Messages
42
Location
Texas
Long time ago. Polk components in the front, 6x9 in the rear. The stock paper speakers are junk.

did you put a sub in the truck? i have an older pioneer headunit and thinking about replacing everything with newer stuff and adding a small sub


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
I have a 10 behind the seat. I rarely haul other people so it's not in the way except when I need the space when camping. If I can fit a slim 10 under the rear seat though I would be a lot happier and never need to move it or worry about some dumb kid smashing a window and walking off with it.

did you put a sub in the truck? i have an older pioneer headunit and thinking about replacing everything with newer stuff and adding a small sub


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

DFW Spartan

Well-Known Member
Messages
125
Location
Dallas, TX
Ordered a JL sub and sub box that I think might work in a T with a little massaging and not take up a rear footwell like the current setup. Upgrading the audio has been kind of low on the priority list. Hoping I can fit something under the seat that sounds decent, has enough airspace for the sub, and is out of the way in otherwise useless space. Figured while I have it all apart to move the amp I will throw some sound deadener on the rear wall and doors. I was never really sold on sound deadener until I helped a buddy do an H2, If it wasn't for the headers you would think you were riding in a coffin.
I tried my best to fit a box with a slim mount sub under the rear seat of my T. Unfortunately, even doing a custom box with a fiberglass bottom in order to get the correct volume, the seat would still contact the sub if someone sat on the back seat. So I ended up scrapping that idea, and went with a JL Power Wedge. That way I can take out, or move around if I needed the space.

I also put Dynomat Extreme on the floorboards, back panel, inner and outer door panels and ceiling. Also added DynoPad to the floor, ceiling and door panels for 50% more noise reduction. Along with new door seals and vents in the back panel, it was a great investment for the new sound system i added. Drastically cut down on the road noise and improved sound quality.

Since I have no plans of getting rid of my T anytime soon, I figured do it right with the sound deadening and sound reduction from the get go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

lsv_palana

Well-Known Member
Messages
383
Location
Kamchatka, Russia
Hello. today i finished replacing ALL bushings in my car to polyurehtane. all works fine. only body bushings left. they are on bad condition.. does anybody know where i can get body bushings of hummer h3 maded from polyurethane ?

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
Yeah. Chuck a stick of this in a lathe and make whatever thickness you need. The stuff cuts like butta...any shop with a lathe can make em in 45 minutes. If you make em thicker, you’ll need longer body bolts...prolly 14mm.
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Thought about doing the roof as well just wasn't sure how possible it would be without removing the rear window to get the headliner out of the way. I suppose with the seats out there should be room enough to work. Thanks, now I need to order more. :)

I think a box with one 10 should fit and have enough airspace. The JL 10tw3 series only needs 3.25" with no pole vent to worry about, same used in your Powerwedge. Shouldn't have any trouble adding something to the top of a box to prohibit contact with the sub grille. I wish the Powerwedge was actually wedge shaped, it would slide right under the rear seat.




I tried my best to fit a box with a slim mount sub under the rear seat of my T. Unfortunately, even doing a custom box with a fiberglass bottom in order to get the correct volume, the seat would still contact the sub if someone sat on the back seat. So I ended up scrapping that idea, and went with a JL Power Wedge. That way I can take out, or move around if I needed the space.

I also put Dynomat Extreme on the floorboards, back panel, inner and outer door panels and ceiling. Also added DynoPad to the floor, ceiling and door panels for 50% more noise reduction. Along with new door seals and vents in the back panel, it was a great investment for the new sound system i added. Drastically cut down on the road noise and improved sound quality.

Since I have no plans of getting rid of my T anytime soon, I figured do it right with the sound deadening and sound reduction from the get go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

humvee

Well-Known Member
Messages
507
Location
Doha, Qatar
Yeah. Chuck a stick of this in a lathe and make whatever thickness you need. The stuff cuts like butta...any shop with a lathe can make em in 45 minutes. If you make em thicker, you’ll need longer body bolts...prolly 14mm.

If you’ve installed the daystar kit with the bolts they provide, I believe you’d have a bit over an inch left if you decide to swap out the mounts with 2”. I know for sure you can get away with 1/2” more.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
The body mounts have a sort of D shaped flange to keep them from shifting. Not sure if it would matter if you spun some round ones out on a lathe.

s-l1600.jpg
 

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Second trip to Interlake this summer. First was with 4Speed, this was with a friend who has a TJ. Both trips were awesome. I get some time, I'll post up some pics and video.
 
Top