• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Upgraded the alternator to a mechman 250 amp E series. My idle voltage was dropping to high 11s after driving at noon for a while so it was time to upgrade the alternator as the efans werent working properly anymore.

First start voltage shoots up to 15.6 + with minimal load (stock used to be 14.3)

Still to be installed when free is the Big 3 kit
5d9562317184d9a89d40ae0e2a38be66.jpg
f2dbfac6f4eddf02fd26f11574e9f01e.jpg
9095d780a7a588dbf55b65bf7122d652.jpg
b626884b88ffd3b3407664e021e66c2d.jpg
 

fanugy

Well-Known Member
Messages
150
Location
Phoenix, AZ
If you don't mind me asking, how much and where did you get that H3? I am thinking this H3 must have came from a salavage site like copart. I am kind of intrested in buying a salvage H3 w/ a rancho. Reason why is I need a parts truck because buying parts indivdually is so expensive. I have been wanting to make half doors but everyone wants like $500 per door. I am thinking that if the H3 is not too expensive I could take off the rancho, sell it in here to an H4O guy that really wants one, and come close to breaking even. Then I could have all the expensive-as-heck parts for a much cheaper price then part out companies want.

Yes, a cop art site. Lifts come up rarely. The last one was an Alpha that had been repaired (re skinned driver door and rear panel and sold with salvage title) it went for 8k plus website fee and shipping.
This one still went north of 1k, and then nearly double that in transport. But, I have an alpha with 4.10 and an LS2 and wanted to change to 4.56 and keep the lift. Shipping is the killer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
Upgraded the alternator to a mechman 250 amp E series. My idle voltage was dropping to high 11s after driving at noon for a while so it was time to upgrade the alternator as the efans werent working properly anymore.

First start voltage shoots up to 15.6 + with minimal load (stock used to be 14.3)

If your voltage is going up to 15.6 be careful, you can wreck your battery with that high of a voltage when it's hot. Too high a voltage will cause the acid mixture to outgas and even a SLA/AGM will vent and die an early death. That high of a voltage is generally only ok when it's near or below freezing. At 50C you should only be around 14 volts or so max to avoid outgassing.

http://www.powerstream.com/SLA.htm
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Thanks and I will keep that in mind and keep track of it using the torque app. If its too much then I may go with an external regulator (if possible). Obviously under normal load (a/c and efans) it drops to 14 ish. This was first start and I will see what happens. My idle rpm is set higher than stock due to the cam and that voltage was at 1K rpm starting idle.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
 

svxr8dr

Well-Known Member
Messages
200
Location
SW WA ST
New Tail Lights - Spyder Auto Black LED Tail Lights Part#ALT-ON-HH306-LED-BK
E&G Classic 6pc fender flares set (Removed oem splash guards)
GM OEM Rock Sliders (No Steps) (GM Part #12498471)
3cap.JPG
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
Test mounted my 38s. They do fit, but they rub in places when articulating and also when turning the steering wheel. Will take time to fix, but it should work! More info on my build thread.


i-nHhdV27-X5.jpg
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Test mounted my 38s. They do fit, but they rub in places when articulating and also when turning the steering wheel. Will take time to fix, but it should work! More info on my build thread.


i-nHhdV27-X5.jpg

Looks great!

Also what bumper is that?!

It’s the best I have seen for an H3 to date!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
Looks great!

Also what bumper is that?!

It’s the best I have seen for an H3 to date!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a Road Armor Bumper! From what I know they are really uncommon and I have only seen one other H3T on a old forum from back in 2010 have one. It says that they are still for sale at Teaka Toys (Made to Order) but it is not listed/for sale on Road Armor's own site. Honestly I think it is the price point. They are so many other heavy duty bumpers out like Thor parts, move, tough country, ARB, Iron Bull, etc that are cheaper than this one which is probably why no many people run it. I remeber reading a forum post when road armor first introduced the bumper and many were saying it was to expensive. Note I got it when I got the truck, so I didn't buy it new lol.

http://www.teakatoys.com/H3_H3T_Front_Dakar_Winch_Mount_Bumper_by_Road_Armo_p/ra-h3100b.htm


Road Armor Bumper 1.jpgRoad Armor Bumper 4.jpg
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Its a Road Armor Bumper! From what I know they are really uncommon and I have only seen one other H3T on a old forum from back in 2010 have one. It says that they are still for sale at Teaka Toys (Made to Order) but it is not listed/for sale on Road Armor's own site. Honestly I think it is the price point. They are so many other heavy duty bumpers out like Thor parts, move, tough country, ARB, Iron Bull, etc that are cheaper than this one which is probably why no many people run it. I remeber reading a forum post when road armor first introduced the bumper and many were saying it was to expensive. Note I got it when I got the truck, so I didn't buy it new lol.

http://www.teakatoys.com/H3_H3T_Front_Dakar_Winch_Mount_Bumper_by_Road_Armo_p/ra-h3100b.htm


View attachment 23874View attachment 23875

Bah aha I know the owner of that T! Went wheeling with him several times.

What you don’t see if those photos is the cubs Tom skid plate he had made to connect the front bumper to the Rancho front cross member.... it has a giant lemon in it because the huge hassle he had with Road armor (all sorts of stuff went wrong for him from the finish not lasting more then a few months to needing a fab shop to fix errors in the mountain as they sent it out with the wrong mounting plates


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

svxr8dr

Well-Known Member
Messages
200
Location
SW WA ST
Installed Purple Cranium Rear Diff Spider (Chromed Smoke/Black vinyl, Armor Coat Grade 8 Fasteners and Skull Logo)
prpcran.JPG
 

tennyson1a

Member
Messages
10
Location
SD
Finally painted my hand made angry grill, and repainted my hummer black....busy night...
3775e39ea7f6350a2cd433f2458532f7.jpg
a3697ea27ce5f0ac83282cf59fb14cd5.jpg
d554bd6abda86fcf700a9d80136b4435.jpg
8db1a6dfe2ad0776e1bfd6a876e4eb34.jpg
3c0176638d80e4e36a66a6f38cdec4af.jpg
c6f8abd01795ea492a4f2f40af996c13.jpg
b46b99fc270a94e8110952e21e507046.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
I get the 'angry eye' thing, just don't know why people would want to restrict airflow to the radiator by blocking a third of the grille and then the entire lower grille with a second light bar.
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
After removing the lift the flares and 35's didn't want to play nice together. Took a die grinder to them and finished up with a belt sander and them wet sanded them smooth.

20180707_132634.jpg 20180707_133052.jpg
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Apparently my front drive shaft is toast. Rancho lift is known to chew through the front cv so yay me. Ordered a new cv and u joint, something to do this week.
 

tennyson1a

Member
Messages
10
Location
SD
Apparently my front drive shaft is toast. Rancho lift is known to chew through the front cv so yay me. Ordered a new cv and u joint, something to do this week.
I get the 35'' tire thing, just don't know why people would want to lift their rig with a lift kit known to cause cv and u joint issues and hack away at their fenders...weird.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Probably why I took it off and sold it. Must really suck to have such thin skin, you could at least make your comment original. Maybe you should stick to making your truck look like every Jeep grille on the road with your masterful wood and bondo skills.


I get the 35'' tire thing, just don't know why people would want to lift their rig with a lift kit known to cause cv and u joint issues and hack away at their fenders...weird.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

tennyson1a

Member
Messages
10
Location
SD
Probably why I took it off and sold it. Must really suck to have such thin skin, you could at least make your comment original. Maybe you should stick to making your truck look like every Jeep grille on the road with your masterful wood and bondo skills.
Ikr....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

MustangGirl666

Well-Known Member
Messages
291
Location
West Hartford CT
I get the 35'' tire thing, just don't know why people would want to lift their rig with a lift kit known to cause cv and u joint issues and hack away at their fenders...weird.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk



That’s funny I didn’t have to hack my fenders whole point of a lift is so you can have more clearance in your fenders and also how does jeep angry eyes benefit off road ? Thought this was hummer4x4offroad not ricersrus


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top