• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
Forgot to mention... the "H3 Quick n’ Simple Auxiliary Audio Input" is back in-stock, but seeing as I can't easily buy the parts anymored this is the last 60 I'll be able to produce.

H3-Hummer-Auxilary-Audio-Input-MP3-Music-1-5.jpg


Get the "Quick N' Simple Audio Inputs" while they last at https://schwarttzy.com/product/h3-quick-n-simple-auxiliary-audio-input/
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
Been installing parts all week.

-Light bar rack
-Sliders
-UCP
-CB radio
-Sound system
-Edge insight CS2
-Diff cover


Going to add a second woofer next and get ready to move over to Colorado.



35224876_2000048790037336_5153370399060262912_n.jpg35240468_2000048443370704_1123914184547893248_n.jpg35197010_2000082196700662_5906279188251279360_n.jpg35292344_2000082160033999_6886148716676251648_n.jpg35130845_1995288970513318_5372843902195728384_n.jpg34984705_1995289247179957_3157454192725983232_n.jpg35077485_1995474623828086_8845009564383313920_n.jpg35345199_2000087340033481_1508812304458711040_n.jpg
 

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
Some people say it rides like a cadillac with the Rancho lift which is simply untrue. It rides like a lifted truck. I have a stock adv sitting in my driveway next to mine for the week, I know which one rides better. Most of my offroading is longer drives to and from fishing or hunting places so taking it down a notch to just leveled on 33's works for me.

Idk I rather the Rancho ride with some good shocks and alpha t keys for i5, over stock suspension. The off road gains are merely a bonuses which are a lot. From what I experienced.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Got the steering rack kit installed. Had the diff out of the way already from removing the lift so I didn't need to remove the rack, enough slack in the lines to roll it back some to work. Saves from having to bleed the system. Got everything buttoned back up, just need to reset the ride height and get an alignment.

20180614_121846.jpg20180614_122547.jpg
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
Does anyone know where to get just the bushings for the rack? I have the Mayhem metal works steering clamp that I bought from another H4O user. I know outfitter sells them as a kit, but I am just looking for the bushings.
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Anyone wind up with 2 right side Hunner skids? I bought a set off a forum member last year but never got around to opening the box until now and have 2 left skids plus the fronts.
 

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
Does anyone know where to get just the bushings for the rack? I have the Mayhem metal works steering clamp that I bought from another H4O user. I know outfitter sells them as a kit, but I am just looking for the bushings.

Siberian Bushing makes just the two rack bushings you can buy seperate. However, after installing them in mine, I really wouldn't bother next time. The OEM bushings are really quite hard to begin with and it actually seemed like the Siberian bushings were softer than the OEM. Unless your bushings are shot (which is unlikely) I'd save the money and headache and just install the clamp.

Here's my install:
http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...-H3-Base-build&p=213107&viewfull=1#post213107
 

H3ALPHA

Well-Known Member
Messages
66
Location
Los Angeles

SlcHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
368
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
The H3 just went over 150,000 miles but was definitely due for some maintenance. It's been an active and $$$ few months but overall I'm happy because the H3 is happy :)


- ACDelco serpentine belt, tensioner pulley/bolt, and idler pulley
- ACDelco iridium spark plugs
- Cleaned mass air flow sensor and throttle body
- Broken exhaust manifold bolt extraction (x3)
- GM exhaust manifold, gasket, and stud replaced
- Third brake light replaced, great write up can be found here http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?6364-Hummer-H3-Third-Tail-Light-Repair-Mod
- ACDelco crankshaft seal and harmonic balancer kit w/washer and bolt
- Transmission cooler lines and fittings replaced (small leak)




I do have a few more upgrades planned before Oct when my friends and I will be in Moab. BTW PM me if you're interested in joining us in Moab, last year we had 8 suv/trucks and around 6 atv/utv's in attendance. Anyway, here is the list of future upgrades before Oct;


- Outfitter Design steering rack kit and front differential bushings
- ACDelco expansion valve kit
- ACDelco CV axle and seal (driver side). I've had a minor front differential fluid leak for over a year that I'd like to finally fix that I suspect may be fixed by replacing these parts.
 

H3V8

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Texas
Does this work the Navigation version of the radio with the screen?

As long as your H3 came with the XM radio option, you can use it navigation or not. I have the navigation radio and just spliced into the XM wires with an aux cord + receiver from radioshack for something like $15. That package is essentially the same thing, but easier since it's basically plug and play. As long as you have or used to have the XM radio. You don't need to be subscribed, but you tune to the XM radio, any channel, and it receives audio from the aux cord instead.
 

tennyson1a

Member
Messages
10
Location
SD
Hey I like it!!! But what kind of material are you using?
I'm following a tutorial on YouTube, with my own touch to it. But basically wood, fiberglass....wish I wouldn't have used wood noe, but I've gone to far lol....im almost done....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Wood absorbs moisture like a sponge, paint isn't going to be a good topcoat option. Best thing would be pvc and fiberglass, no bubbling and cracking issues later.
 

tennyson1a

Member
Messages
10
Location
SD
Wood absorbs moisture like a sponge, paint isn't going to be a good topcoat option. Best thing would be pvc and fiberglass, no bubbling and cracking issues later.
Yeah, I found that out after I started, I was following Sam Pierce on YouTube, and I followed his tutorial to a t, once I realized his way was flawed, I swapped to fiberglass...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

fanugy

Well-Known Member
Messages
150
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Trying to push this thing on dollies back into the garage- they pulled the valve-stems for transport (?) so another trip to the store...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
Bought my second Hummer, strictly for the lift...
b94e787b1dd4e5bb110424986db30859.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking, how much and where did you get that H3? I am thinking this H3 must have came from a salavage site like copart. I am kind of intrested in buying a salvage H3 w/ a rancho. Reason why is I need a parts truck because buying parts indivdually is so expensive. I have been wanting to make half doors but everyone wants like $500 per door. I am thinking that if the H3 is not too expensive I could take off the rancho, sell it in here to an H4O guy that really wants one, and come close to breaking even. Then I could have all the expensive-as-heck parts for a much cheaper price then part out companies want.
 
Top