• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

H3TDave

Well-Known Member
Messages
111
Location
West Virginia
Too many people honking and getting mad cause he was blocking a busy 4 way intersection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Too many people honking and getting mad cause he was blocking a busy 4 way intersection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I believe you [emoji12] I did something similar 4 years ago with a 6tonne truck pulling equipment ( it was new to my Dad and the fuel gauge lied about being full).... Not as much weight as your pull though!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Chimpy

Well-Known Member
Messages
105
Location
Ohio
Replaced the Vent Valve solenoid and hose. Finally got rid of the light on the dash. Next up will be CV axles, axle seals, and new hubs. Then I will be rid of the ABS/ traction light and message.
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
That one that Ramrod posted isn’t too bad. The cut-down SUV body definitely has better lines than the T body. The longer wheelbase and bed section looks proportionally correct.
On the other hand...the 2-door T with a bobbed frame really looks goofy to me...like one of those wheelstander drag cars of the sixties. There is more bed aft of the rear wheels and only a sliver in front of them, and it throws off the whole appearance.
I prefer chopping the SUV for several reasons. First is they are much cheaper. Second is the obvious handling and ground clearance advantage of the shorter wheelbase. Third is the complexity of the chop...the roof removal is probably easier than the frame & cab chop. Fourth, I like the idea of a cab that is open to the bed (like a 70s Blazer or Bronco), rather than a separate bolt-on bed box. I have looked very long & hard at this, and I’m only a few beers away from grabbing the plasma cutter.
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Finally picked up a ball joint tool for the H3. I have been wanting one for a while but did not want to pay the $200 for a new one. Got it for under $100!
fBVHKm_SYwJ0j2SwTtioD0hzkygWQfDPyhiDDu4laylBh4jXERMF30rgyHfK9Vq1wdn623ugbgsbcj7TfRABdQs5Xhz5W6kRqpCKX11BlZoJvF9jwbOaH0IF7ln96Rrnz8JlzKpt3ltbGlQ0EjPafSHUGil6TMvZQbOeu-BtXlFGm-0Fqa81nEMJQJNJqSvXhRYdvuEudeoRMtYayw8-kBEAcA1D67DEM1G7h-aSwoaLHlDYZNZvIhzU2Tf5matR_GleXDuFkumBBuf8CiehaoG4gyBJ_--2I6y-VcjhX9PyBdq4Yv_uwLWr7rBIuv6cysrW6KrUv7mIFfF-nqVaiU84mWsX8BTIi5LYWMkvLvR3T7tv_ykB4djrd1k-wyk4KpIIEqv0ZVxId2ET-3T47LvPL5HHs6jifXt3Ai2DMpGaSAiGhJT9mWf2xSlFjO-7aSnEMfKS2uzb4uwZbwP2ikw4KxdRLAIOZP-2wJj_vEM5eew_282xqtMX_FtiOmpWWDXJ72IG_aZJvHomE5TCnMZ2SGtU_ius93KVzkY-4A67ZSZGjnGKGKEOJXSGXmbtHbNaukCxOWmuFpBf22v7um_t2alJ7OY8bavXza7a=w1393-h784-no
 

mjferencak

Well-Known Member
Messages
308
Location
Elbert, CO
c1142a27a226ae592ee153a8ed16b16c.jpg

Got in from Virginia last night and the LED light conversion from Lewiz VenomH3 was waiting on me. They’re awesome and bright as hell. Thanks man!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

awjohnson2

Member
Messages
13
Location
Atlanta, Ga, USA
Yesterday I installed a new radiator as the one in it had cracked along the forward side of the top plastic housing. A neat thing happened while I was reinstalling the condenser onto the radiator as well. While starting the bolt on the driver's side of the condenser, the bolt slipped out of my hand. When I tried to catch it I somehow managed to knock the headlight bulb out of the housing and knock the condenser bolt INSIDE the headlight assembly. So then I learned how to remove and reinstall the grill and headlights as a bonus to the afternoon.

While I was under the hood I also installed my new AirDoc intake. Next on the list is cleaning the MAF and throttle body.

Radiator Intake.jpg
 
Last edited:

H3V8

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Texas
Got in from Virginia last night and the LED light conversion from Lewiz VenomH3 was waiting on me. They’re awesome and bright as hell. Thanks man!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really digging the headlights. Was that with the kit he was talking about?
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
The last thing I did? Well added a Chinese snorkel because, replaced the badlands 8500 winch with a smittybilt 10,500 synthetic cable, and had the 4L60e rebuilt. Guess 80,000 miles is to much, front pump broke, no warnings at all just stopped moving.
 

scoreh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,024
Location
SoCal
The trans shop said I did good, I got a 120000 out of mine. Same thing pump went in morning traffic without warning.
 

H3V8

Well-Known Member
Messages
95
Location
Texas
The trans shop said I did good, I got a 120000 out of mine. Same thing pump went in morning traffic without warning.

Interesting, I'm just now getting close to 120k miles and starting noticing this noise as of the last week. Thinking something up with the trans since it only happens at low speeds near a shift. No hard shifting or anything, just vibration and grinding. Any similar sounds from yours? link (might need to turn volume up): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLOKSNkPZY&feature=youtu.be
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
I have 110K on my 06, when I did the trans oil change last month the shop showed me that I have lots of metal shavings in the oil pan. Told me its not very bad but its not promising either!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
 

awalsh

Well-Known Member
Messages
349
Location
New Jersey
Interesting, I'm just now getting close to 120k miles and starting noticing this noise as of the last week. Thinking something up with the trans since it only happens at low speeds near a shift. No hard shifting or anything, just vibration and grinding. Any similar sounds from yours? link (might need to turn volume up): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLOKSNkPZY&feature=youtu.be

Mine does the same thing, always thought it was a u-joint or something heat shield/exhaust related. If it's trans than that makes more sense but I'm at 136k on the body now..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Enter Hummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
244
Location
Southwest
Got rid of the HUMMER. Black on black w/ leather interior are not good for 100+ degrees in the desert. Also, at 190k miles, I was worried that the transmission would fail. I don’t have any pictures but I traded in on a 2000 wrangler sahara 5 speed with 70k less miles.

Schwarttzy, I unfortunately never did install your skids on the HUMMER. I believe that my front crossmember was wrong because they changed the mounting locations. But I’m not done with them yet... I will (try to) custom install the big one on the Jeep!
 

scoreh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,024
Location
SoCal
Interesting, I'm just now getting close to 120k miles and starting noticing this noise as of the last week. Thinking something up with the trans since it only happens at low speeds near a shift. No hard shifting or anything, just vibration and grinding. Any similar sounds from yours? link (might need to turn volume up): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLOKSNkPZY&feature=youtu.be


I know I replied to something last night about this. sorry it’s out there somewhere.
Mine didn’t make any noise at all , just stopped moving in morning rush hour traffic. The only thing that it did was on deceleration, it would try to pick up speed. The trans shop said that it was the failing pump trying to keep up with the low pressure out put.
I was thinking it was a throttle body issue.
 

H3slate

Brush raked
Messages
983
Location
Tualatin, Oregon
Thorparts Gen II Winch Bumper

Got my Thorparts Gen II Winch Bumper installed and was able to hit the dunes at the coast last weekend. This bumper is great!! It maintains the oem lines while giving full access to the winch.

20180402_115958web.jpg

I installed a Warn Zeon 10k winch with Masterpull synthetic winch line and Masterpull hawse fairlead. For lights I used TuffStuff4x4 flush mount led cubes, they have both flood and spot lights in each light and are wired to the fog light switch. I painted the oem brushguard to better match the black bumper. The control box for the winch is mounted behind the grill with easy access for the controller. Only thing left to do is make a new front skid plate as the newer front skids don't fit with this bumper.

20180402_115253web.jpg
 

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Road tripped to from northern Indiana to Ft. Meyers and back. Hummer did great. Kept up with the hammer lane traffic all the way there and back. I've never taken a trip where the average flow of traffic was so fast. Spring breakers couldn't wait to get home this year, I guess.
 

humvee

Well-Known Member
Messages
507
Location
Doha, Qatar
This spider used the tire tread as a starting point and built a home underneath 3 of my tires. A reminder that I haven’t done anything with my 3 lately.

b2012394e96ec756f6ba8a9453ce1ff2.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top