• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Chimpy

Well-Known Member
Messages
105
Location
Ohio
Replaced upper control arms/ball joints, lower ball joints, and installed new camber kit on both sides then had an alignment done. All that combined with new hubs, CVs, and axle seals that I did last fall and now she drives like a new one. Next up, steering rack reinforcement kit and diff bushing replacement.
 

EndeavoredH3

Well-Known Member
Messages
484
Location
Arizona
Where did you get them ?

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk

I pulled this assembly off a 2005 Chrysler 300c from a junkyard. It has standard and heavy duty cooling. To get that it needs to have the 5.7L hemi or bigger. I figured if this fan can cool down a motor that big, it can cool my I-5 well.

Still testing highway and Phx summer heat. I’ll make a thread on this when I found out more about the fans capability and reliability with the truck
 
Last edited:

lc7404

Well-Known Member
Messages
69
Location
ohio
keep us posted


I pulled this assembly off a 2005 Chrysler 300c from a junkyard. It has standard and heavy duty cooling. To get that it needs to have the 5.7L hemi or bigger. I figured if this fan can cool down a motor that big, it can cool my I-5 well.

Still testing highway and Phx summer heat. I’ll make a thread on this when I found out more about the fans capability and reliability with the truck
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
Scored 5 wheels and one with a tire on it yesterday for a slamming deal. Wheels on the T are falling apart after living in Oregon, this deal came just in time!

20190630_103835.jpg
 
Last edited:

lowtrac

Well-Known Member
Messages
222
Location
Georgia
Installed a Bulldog keyless entry system. Got everything inside the driver’s door. You can’t make the parking lights flash this way but I thought it’d be easier than doing everything under the dash.

03b378b03f7b847f5fdd5700f9d582fc.jpg


861a5427e8e0887d18e90948701a94ee.jpg


97bda0a684076cdf3699128d6509468b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Installed a Bulldog keyless entry system. Got everything inside the driver’s door. You can’t make the parking lights flash this way but I thought it’d be easier than doing everything under the dash.

03b378b03f7b847f5fdd5700f9d582fc.jpg


861a5427e8e0887d18e90948701a94ee.jpg


97bda0a684076cdf3699128d6509468b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does the unit work exactly? Does it give you a "proximity key"?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

lowtrac

Well-Known Member
Messages
222
Location
Georgia
How does the unit work exactly? Does it give you a "proximity key"?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

It’s not that fancy. Just a push-button keyless entry. Mine doesn’t work and this is cheaper than replacing the BCM.

It’s just got a receiver with integrated solenoid. When it receives the unlock signal from the key fob it shorts the unlock pin to ground at the door harness. Same for the lock signal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

lowtrac

Well-Known Member
Messages
222
Location
Georgia
I got one of those on my truck back in 2012, it kept running for 6 years b4 it took a crap. Replaced it with a similar one. I wish those systems have a fob similar to the viper one though

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/282166736261

I’m not a fan of the shape of the Bulldog fobs, but I’ll get over it for working keyless entry. The actual board is not that far off in size from the factory fob so it may be possible to hack something together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Chimpy

Well-Known Member
Messages
105
Location
Ohio
IMG_0062.jpg

New wheels with 285s.:) Also had just replaced the upper control arms/ball joints, lower ball joints, camber kits and a fresh alignment.
 

FactoryOrdered2010AlphaT

Well-Known Member
Messages
87
Location
Canada
SolidusJ;231881[COLOR=#333333 said:
Wheels on the T are falling apart after living in Oregon[/COLOR]

Original set lasted nine years in the winter mush up here - they were all de-laminating - one was leaking badly from the inside edge. Grudgingly replaced with some 8-spokes (cause couldn't find decent 7's for 16...) while I increased width/height/girth and now I have to really throw it hard, hard, hard into a corner to get any drift at all. TCS light may as well be burn out - never lights up anymore - I'm on rubber rails.

I liked the original solid 7 spokes - kept the original hubs if anybody...
 

stix

Active Member
Messages
43
Location
Orlando, Fl
Outfitter Design mounting bracket.

Installed VIAIR 450 compressor using Outfitter Design mounting bracket. Great product!! Have ports open for eventual tank install. At this point, the blowoff valve kind of sounds like an old popcorn wagon but am satisfied with the result
 

Attachments

  • VIAIR 2 .PNG
    VIAIR 2 .PNG
    716.6 KB · Views: 750

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
It depends on your idea of survival. Its not an alternative to paint (which when done well would last 10+ years) but if you want an easy do it yourself thing and cheap then this is the way to go.
Paint it, wait to dry, dnt like it? Peel it (not easily but its peelable). It will probably last more than a year.
 
Top