• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

humvee

Well-Known Member
Messages
507
Location
Doha, Qatar
Cleaned her up so that she looks good at the mechanic’s. Installed the snorkel, tail light guards and window visors.

This week we have a new transmission, cooler+lines, exhaust manifold, custom downpipe, rerouting fuel lines, oil pan work, front driveshaft and a bunch of other fixes.

9ea541c1f6756772310f29c33797b670.jpg
2489c9b00e75a29cf6b633e1cf4f9caf.jpg
510cbde83fef38385d7fd55480b53954.jpg
21b78239e1478ee77ad61fe0d01d22f5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
Took panzer to big bear to do gold mountain and a section that they call little John bull, with a buddy and his jeeper gang...panzer did great . Only got a small scuff on one of my antenna mounts due to a tight spot and a big o rock.
8232f335b8698d1140c246a1852aa994.jpg
78fe45778f4e73276fac80cd0db7679f.jpg
1b3f8775b3814907ecc60a779deb20aa.jpg


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

lsv_palana

Well-Known Member
Messages
383
Location
Kamchatka, Russia
I have changed all rear ruber bushings to polyurethane bushings.. now plan to do this on front suspension.

Отправлено с моего SM-N950F через Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Ordered some new shoes and stock wheels. Went with the ST Maxx in the stock 285 size, Looks like a great all around aggressive at tire. Since I will have the whole front end apart anyway I may as well order the steering rack kit from outfitter.
 

denlion

Member
Messages
23
Location
Ontario
Finally got some time to replace that horrible, horrible chrome gas tank door with nice black one. I am not fan of chrome at all and have already ordered new black plastic door handles to replace too. Wheels and tires are underway, so the only big chunk of chrome will be left - grille vent. Trying to find something nice to replace that original chrome one...

VAAAAgGav2A-1920.jpg8gAAAgOav2A-1920.jpg8QAAAgBav2A-1920.jpg5wAAAgBav2A-1920.jpgGQAAAgJav2A-1920.jpg
 

denlion

Member
Messages
23
Location
Ontario
Dual locking gas caps? Ain't no thievery from you.

LOL. You are right. Actually I bought that locking gas cap first just "in case". But honestly it doesn't work as expected. You can take it off when it is locked.
So I was looking for something better and found this lockable fuel gate. Anyway now I am locking only gate, not cup.

But looks weird, you are totally right )
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
-Dropped it off for a transmission flush.

-Installed a group 31 battery

-still debating on how I want to fix the front diff
9eeb0fd2d4b3c0d8d11ff737a9dc1266.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

H3ALPHA

Well-Known Member
Messages
66
Location
Los Angeles
In the last 6 months:

- New OEM Shocks
- New Tires
- New Transmission Pan Gasket
- Replaced Front Differential Mount
- Replaced back seat cupholder housing
- Applied Refinish Restorer to all the fading plastic on the exterior

What I need to do

- Front had been slammed by a flying piece of wood panel (on the highway, the construction crew left pallets of panel unsecured, wind took it and bam) that hit the from guard, scratch up the grille and bumper.
- Repaint the hood. I did my darnedest, while under warranty, to have GM fix the spider cracks that were appearing. So, this has has to get done.
- Pull out the Invision DVD headsets and get the OEM Alpha ones installed.
- Third brake light seems to be out, so have to deal with that.

What I want to do

- New head unit that has CarPlay but will not interfere with XM & Onstar or the rearview camera.
- Get a new driver's side seat back as the current one is beginning to show some cracks in the leather.


h3_PSP.jpg
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
So I just picked up my T from the shop and they advised that it needs rebuild/replace.

I was planning on swapping in a 6l80e sooner or later... Just not this soon!

I can get a 6L80e local with 90k miles on it and get it rebuilt with the new output shaft... but I don't have a trans to tcase adapter yet.... nor the electronics

Which has me wondering if I should just get a new 4l60e and delay that project for a year or so or just plug away at the 6 speed swap..

Any input?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Nothing really wrong with the 4 speed, Give it an upgraded rebuild. No real feasible way yet to have the tap shift from the 80. Just me but I don't like mods that don't function 100%. Do you have that T regeared?
 

chaos254

Well-Known Member
Messages
577
Location
United States
Not hummer related but if anyone needs anything on ebay. They have 20% off until tonight 7 PST with code PICKDADSGIFT

I ended up with an awesome deal on a new carb for my challenger

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Bummer, I didn't see the 7:00 cutoff, was going to pick up a dual compressor Arb unit and save 100.

Not hummer related but if anyone needs anything on ebay. They have 20% off until tonight 7 PST with code PICKDADSGIFT

I ended up with an awesome deal on a new carb for my challenger

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Really digging the look of the S/T Maxx in person. Dropped off 4 stock wheels to have powder coated.

20180607_110818.jpg
 

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
Post # 2000!!!!!

Wooooo!

Oh, and I'm rebuilding my engine in the Alpha and replacing the transmission.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Top