• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Ordered some new shoes today!

Got an amazing hook up on tires cost + $1.12!!!

Also going to 17" rims

Can't wait!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
 

justin94tt

Well-Known Member
Messages
169
Location
Springfield VA
Started having Passlock issues recently. So I disabled it by cutting the white wire with blue strip located under drivers side of dash. The vehicle must be running at the time you cut the wire. This is a free fix for the time being, the security lights stays on from doing this but I would take that over waiting 10mins for the reset at any given time.
 

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
Gift box waiting for me on the front porch this morning....

...
051c09ffa4c169b59935075ebfd9e0e7.jpg


Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
I went with Rancho's recommendation of 4.5" of backspacing which with the rims I ordered was -12 offset (9" wide).

The wheel and tire combo will stick out past the fenders... but won't be as much as my existing setup

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
 

Ghostbuster

Well-Known Member
Messages
862
Location
United States
I worked on mounting these 4.5 inch led fog lights into the oem housing. I'm not done.. but it is secured in there with some JB weld and some steel stik putty.
7ba4e8da7cebb26ec322f8b687dc5508.jpg
2bafe0d47c335bb0a213dc6add309d50.jpg
 
Last edited:

1DIRTYH3

Well-Known Member
Messages
160
Location
United States
Sent my PCM to PCM of NC on Monday and got it back today, 48 hour turn around coast to coast. Installed it in 10 minutes with no problems, no lights on in dash, went perfect. Took the H3 out for a drive and so happy I got it reprogrammed. It drives so much better and shifts right when it should giving it extra power. I actually passed someone from a stop light going up hill without having to bury the gas pedal. Bonus is that speedo is accurate since going to 325 tires and passlock is disabled as a preventative measure. Much thanks to Mark at PCM for the great service. Having a zen Hummer moment! :cheers:
 

ZoroTheGreat

Well-Known Member
Messages
55
Location
La Verne, California
Sent my PCM to PCM of NC on Monday and got it back today, 48 hour turn around coast to coast. Installed it in 10 minutes with no problems, no lights on in dash, went perfect. Took the H3 out for a drive and so happy I got it reprogrammed. It drives so much better and shifts right when it should giving it extra power. I actually passed someone from a stop light going up hill without having to bury the gas pedal. Bonus is that speedo is accurate since going to 325 tires and passlock is disabled as a preventative measure. Much thanks to Mark at PCM for the great service. Having a zen Hummer moment! :cheers:

I was thinkin of getting a tune from them. How much did it cost?
 

Ghostbuster

Well-Known Member
Messages
862
Location
United States
Got the led fog lights installed.
4bc73627d5d9de5cecd95930db4758c1.jpg
9f7e1069c0655d330e3019618fdded4b.jpg
68f29b60bfc99f4bf97c14438197097b.jpg


Well they suck.

I think they are upside down even though the " DOT SAE" mark is not upside down. I guess that is what you get with $45 Amazon led "fog" lights.

I also need to aim them way down.

This is their output.
516aad48e257ede5e15c79ccdfe8a7e8.jpg


With my mini H1 projectors on you can't even tell that the fogs are on. So no more useable light at all. Complete waste of time.

But they do look kinda cool and match the whole black look.

But other than that.

Another "WTF Mod" from Ghostbuster... :(
 
Last edited:

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
After 9 months, an engine conversion later, engine cooling problems sorted (possibly), ac leaks and a transmission rebuild, my truck is finally home.

Still need to be done:

Take care of my MAF sensor and Crank sensor codes

Replace alternator with a higher output unit (e-fans pull 80 amps at idle alone)

Get the truck tuned properly. The truck is difficult to start when the engine gets hot and I need to depress the gas pedal repeatedly. Also has a slight stumble at idle

Sort out the exhaust cutout. Got QTP e-cutout as it is supposedly a good brand. The motor was DOA, bought a replacement one as the manufacturer wanted me to send them back the original and it was more expensive to ship than buying a new one, used it a full 5 times and the shaft on the valve body that opens/closes the cutout broke (CNC billet aluminum!!!)

On an upside, with only 2 fans running I was doing 198-207 * with freezing AC @ 92 ambient. I don't get why it fluctuates that much but anything less than 210 I am happy.
 

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
Have been getting some goodies in the mail...decided to put them together.

Mocked bolt on the coil set up.
499eeb1ae34d67948db93d9a8fd06dea.jpg


Then today I pressed in my ball joints, install bearing and seals in my hubs, and assembled the driver side wheel.
Starting to look like something now, I'd be working on the passenger side tomorrow.
fffcbce2ae4122f66e645b31eb9c9e69.jpg


Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 
Top