• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

scoreh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,024
Location
SoCal
Let us know which method you use and how it works. I have a 50" single row bar on G2 mounts, and get a little bit of wind noise, but really not much, and I've gotten used to it. Curious if any of the "fixes" are worth the hassle.

How long did it take G2 to send you out your mounts ? I ordered a set 2 weeks ago , but I remember people saying they are very slow . I too am mounting a single row bar on them , so please let us know what wind noise fix you use. Thanks
 

650Hawk

Well-Known Member
Messages
546
Location
SoCal
I actually bought my G2 mounts from another forum member, so...

I haven't attempted a noise fix yet; mine's not too bad. Nothing turning up the stereo a bit can't solve! :)
 

GarryM

Active Member
Messages
38
Location
Commerce Township, MI
I will be trying the door trim fix first. Also found some vibration dampener pieces that if door trim doesn't work will try as well. Just turning up radio doesn't seem to quite it enough, thus will try this fix first. Will keep you posted.
 

Ryan212

Well-Known Member
Messages
144
Location
Orlando
I rebuilt the FASS lift pump, new filters and replaced the pickup tube, all new hardware and a new CAT IR750 filter.
 

lsv_palana

Well-Known Member
Messages
383
Location
Kamchatka, Russia
Kill my rear rancho rs9000xl. After super heavy one week off-road trip both of them have leak.
Replaced temporary with kyb scorched 4. (Adding some leght to them by weilding top part of rancho)
b839263b92a1a248c50b3900cf182b50.jpg


Please give advice what shocks can i use for rear suspension lifted by rancho with 2 inch shackles added ?
bc09cdb64c94f672ed0e860625375fb4.jpg

5bad94bf4769ef7483859b1b1eefe24f.jpg

048286f6bde0cfdd813d214d1390c7c8.jpg
 

Cowboy

Well-Known Member
Messages
87
Location
Alameda
Lift the rear by the hitch or frame (full droop). Measure length of shock. Then Measure distance from axle to bump stop. Subtract that number from full droop number (full compression). Now tell parts guy your length of shock at full droop and full compression. He will find what you need.

If by chance you can not find within those parameters, you may have to relocate shock mounts at axle ( lengthen), or add a block to bump stop (shorten).


Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!
 

GreatDaneHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
994
Location
Chicago
Started my winter cleaning and prep of the H3 for snow and salt. Cleaned the under body and started recoating everything in encapsulating coating and then bed liner coating over that. Will post up some pictures this weekend of some of the work. Trying to keep a 10 year old vehicle looking good is not easy.
 

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
Finally went all the way to new technology. Retired the 13 inch laptop for nav. It did good when that was all there was. Using the ipad 2 was awesome upgrade but, well like most things it left me wanting more.

I used it a lot to display my photography to clients and when I needed a bit more size I got an ipad air pro. Whew, nice size.

So now when adventuring or storm chasing I got the great advantage of steady connections and stable display.

 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
Swapped out a GM Dana 44 front axle for a custom high-pinion unit. Also replaced all the links and steering system with slightly revised ones. I now have caster to spare!
6ce3e0a950023eea1759d6ba1b9567a7.jpg

8d7b78e97d74fb92c1b70ee2207452fa.jpg

d426066283a3d6262cda82bb9c18b922.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
Exact same height. Same springs. Same shocks.

The frame was notched for pitman arm clearance (nothing to do with ride height). I decided to go back to the shorter Nissan pitman arm and run a shorter steering arm on the passenger side. This allowed me to scoot the axle forward about 3/4". Additionally, it has slightly "quickened" the steering and now lock-to-lock runs thru the forest don't require my elbows flying everywhere. It feels more natural, and I was also able to get an improvement in turning radius too.

The high-pinion really doesn't feel any different. The yoke is slightly closer to the exhaust manifold but still within the limits of the bump stops. This new axle has the 4-spider Eaton locker, a Ford u-bolt style yoke, Yukon shafts, Yukon super joints, and large-bearing hubs. All of these are improvements over what my other axle had. Not to bash the other one...it was a great axle but, it didn't have all the high-dollar goodies this one does. Most of all...this new axle has more caster angle welded into it. Since I actually built the housing myself, I was able to weld it up using the pinion angle and caster angle of my own personal liking. With a stock GM housing, you must work within the confines of the housing, or cut it apart...rotate the inner-C's...and re-weld it to your specific angles. So you basically adjust the suspension to get 3 or 4 degrees of caster to avoid DEATH WOBBLE, and whatever pinion angle you get...is what you get. Its a compromise that you must put up with when using a factory housing.

Since the old axle was pre-sold (along with most of the front suspension), I changed a few items on the new rig. Steering arms were the biggest change. But I also chose to run (3) creeper joints and (3) urethane bushed joints, instead of the "all creeper" links I had before. No real reason other than I didn't flex the rig enough to really take advantage of the all creeper suspension. I'm thrilled with the new rig, and my next task is to somehow add a sway bar to the front.
 

USMC_315

Well-Known Member
Messages
590
Location
Northern VA
Don't think I posted about this yet, but my airbags deployed on camping trip up to flagpole knob nearly a month ago. I'm still waiting on one of the air bags to come in because apparently it was on back order. Truly awful depending on other people for rides, luckily everything is pretty close together on base. Not sure why, but I can't seem to post pics right now.
 

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Messages
3,718
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Since this was deleted from the hack....

Michigan metal works upper control arms. Dom tubing, uniball, chromoly heim joints.
Probably won't be installed anytime soon. Holidays and weather holding me back lol

20161111_174326_zpseuunjozs.jpg

20161111_174333_zps9aeg6jzy.jpg


Also had my mirrors line-x-ed
20161102_154350_zpsqzodewyj.jpg


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Messages
3,718
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Any more info on the UCAs? Those look great.
Michigan metal works. Message him through Facebook or his website. His name is taylor.

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganMetalWorks/

http://michiganmetalworks.com

He can make them like mine or flat with a uniball and normal bushings, whatever you want. Control arms are really what his shop does 24/7. They are a small shop and the h3 arms are probably made to order.

They are also tig welded if that matters.


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

GarryM

Active Member
Messages
38
Location
Commerce Township, MI
Been quite busy working on things.

Recently completed and installed:

- Upper control arms, drivers and passengers side
- Steering coupling shaft and intermediate shaft
- 4 wheel alignment
- Spark plugs
 

chaos254

Well-Known Member
Messages
577
Location
United States
Michigan metal works. Message him through Facebook or his website. His name is taylor.

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganMetalWorks/

http://michiganmetalworks.com

He can make them like mine or flat with a uniball and normal bushings, whatever you want. Control arms are really what his shop does 24/7. They are a small shop and the h3 arms are probably made to order.

They are also tig welded if that matters.


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
What are the benefits of running these?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
 
Top