• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Korby7

Well-Known Member
Messages
434
Location
Utah
LED5.2.jpgLED6.2.jpgGot my light bar brackets done and mounted. Great giggle factor at night.
 

High Five H2

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,627
Location
West Texas
Any pics? How are they looking?

please post some pictures of those universal fender flares.

I was going to do them saturday but I got lazy. I'll try to do them this weekend and post a picture.

i have the ghost wiper as well. How are you fixing yours? Write up with pics would be great.

So far I've gone from really bad, to worse, to better, to worse again. I think it's the BCM. as soon as I make some progress i'll post up. I may end up having to take it to the dealer.

here's a thread with my progress so far: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?11990-WHAT-DID-I-DO-(weird-electrical-issues)
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Since my old 145amp alternator decided to crap out on me in rush hour traffic down town on my way home from work I have been waiting for my new alternator to arrive from rock auto..... It finally came on Friday... But the pulley was bent.... So I finally tracked someone down on the weekend and make him a deal where he got my old core and he swapped on a new pulley from his stock... He got the better deal but I just need my truck back after being down for two weeks!!

The new alternator is for a 2009 Chevy Avalanche and puts out 20 more amps then the stock hummer alt.

It was a direct bolt on part and so far everything it working perfectly!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

derian06

Red Rockett
Messages
1,866
Location
Madison, AL
Since my old 145amp alternator decided to crap out on me in rush hour traffic down town on my way home from work I have been waiting for my new alternator to arrive from rock auto..... It finally came on Friday... But the pulley was bent.... So I finally tracked someone down on the weekend and make him a deal where he got my old core and he swapped on a new pulley from his stock... He got the better deal but I just need my truck back after being down for two weeks!!

The new alternator is for a 2009 Chevy Avalanche and puts out 20 more amps then the stock hummer alt.

It was a direct bolt on part and so far everything it working perfectly!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats good to know for future reference.
 

Romeo

Well-Known Member
Messages
166
Location
New York City
Had my engine oil and diffs oil changed (first time I'm having the diffs oil changed and I'm at 103,500 miles). Turns out I also need new inner/outter tie rods [emoji17]. I think it's time for outfitter designs tie rods ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

GarryM

Active Member
Messages
38
Location
Commerce Township, MI
Had my daughter help install Aries Brush Guard, trying to teach her to work on the Hummer. Only to notice (after completed install) that top tube is bent. Contacted Aries customer service, about the issue and awaiting response from them.

IMG_4222[1].JPGIMG_4220[1].JPG
 

KaChowSRT8

Member
Messages
7
Location
Oklahoma City
So just bought my wife her 3rd H3....went from a 2006 to a 2009 to a 2015 Genesis Coupe. She rolled that car in December cause of black ice, so now shes back in our (new to us 2007 H3).
00h0h_gaeC183aFgM_1200x900.jpg
anyway,
Just installed a tune from PCM of NC, Inc....Wow, that made this truck not only run so much better, but the shifting is now spot on (no more hunting), and they corrected the speedo because of the 35's. I cant say enough good things about this tune and company!
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Picked up a Tech 2 clone. Programmed some new fobs so it's already paying for itself, Absolutely tons of stuff to play with. Need to pick up a stock radio to temp plug in to access a few of the modules though, hadn't thought about that.
Mostly got it because I would like to put in a 6l80 in the near future as soon as I figure out the rest of the electronics part.
 

Peep

Well-Known Member
Messages
417
Location
Belize
Picked up a Tech 2 clone. Programmed some new fobs so it's already paying for itself, Absolutely tons of stuff to play with. Need to pick up a stock radio to temp plug in to access a few of the modules though, hadn't thought about that.
Mostly got it because I would like to put in a 6l80 in the near future as soon as I figure out the rest of the electronics part.

Educate me please, it reads or resets code errors like others, but what else can it do?
 

lsv_palana

Well-Known Member
Messages
383
Location
Kamchatka, Russia
Hello. Thank you for info about Tech2. I also have it. I have alpha v8 5.3l. I have tried to programm FOB but i cant. I found page with FOB programming on tech2 but i cant tie fobs to car. Can you explain how to do it. I am not nub, i do many things with tech2 with car but i cant programm fobs.. please teach me. If possible with photo and with explanation.. thank you..
 
Top