• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,843
Location
Bellflower, CA
H3's aren't any good. It's simple guys, don't buy one. After nearly two years of owning one the rig has had its ups but they were simply outweighed by the downs (in my opinion). Going to put mine up for sale soon. All I have to say.
Too bad, sorry your problems couldn't be helped here.
 

High Five H2

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,627
Location
West Texas
20c7454e4a1f7893b7e0e4efd198248a.jpg


Got my black grill and HIDs working - finally. Now I just need to chase the electrical glitches down.
 
Last edited:

awalsh

Well-Known Member
Messages
349
Location
New Jersey
H3's aren't any good. It's simple guys, don't buy one. After nearly two years of owning one the rig has had its ups but they were simply outweighed by the downs (in my opinion). Going to put mine up for sale soon. All I have to say.

I would disagree 100%, I understand you may have different opinions but for what I use my rig for I could never see myself driving anything other than my h3. It's offroad capability may not be as good as a jeep with 6+" of lift on 35-37s but the on road comfort and pure enjoyment of driving a rig like none other makes me never want to own (another) jeep, because that is the only thing somewhat in the h3 range.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

GreatDaneHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
994
Location
Chicago
I have felt this way many a times but now that they are getting older and paid off by so many people you are starting to see some really great creativity come out. More SAS than ever making these in my opinion just as capable as a Jeep. Look at the wheeling 06 does with his. If an H3 can be made to go through King of the Hammers like he has done with his then the H3 is more capable than many of us give it. More engines / transmissions are failing now that the miles are getting higher on peoples rigs so you are getting to experience very cool power train swaps done. And lets all agree that Recon has a pretty bad ass rig that many of use would love to own WAY over a Jeep. For my wife and I we did buy a replacement the Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO and did do a Total Chaos suspension upgrade on it and lord knows it is still not as capable as my H3 and it costs more than double now.

H3's aren't any good. It's simple guys, don't buy one. After nearly two years of owning one the rig has had its ups but they were simply outweighed by the downs (in my opinion). Going to put mine up for sale soon. All I have to say.
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
H3's aren't any good. It's simple guys, don't buy one. After nearly two years of owning one the rig has had its ups but they were simply outweighed by the downs (in my opinion). Going to put mine up for sale soon. All I have to say.

Completely disagree. I've never had any of the issues you've had. Only thing I've ever replaced on my Hummer that took more than a hours worth of work was replacing the thermostat, and the hubs and ball-joints. I still have the factory 14mm tie-rods... I have YET to bend mine.
 

GreatDaneHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
994
Location
Chicago
Come wheel with me and I am sure we can help with that lol...

Completely disagree. I've never had any of the issues you've had. Only thing I've ever replaced on my Hummer that took more than a hours worth of work was replacing the thermostat, and the hubs and ball-joints. I still have the factory 14mm tie-rods... I have YET to bend mine.
 

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
East coast wheeling be like, Man f--k that mud, I'm done cleaning that engine...............










Hooray! puddles be everywhere!

















S--t, got ta get da hose again....

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 

GreatDaneHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
994
Location
Chicago
I used to get around 275 or so miles on a tank but now I get 200 if I am lucky after I put on the Pitbull Rockers and beadlocks. The increase in weight maybe?
 

High Five H2

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,627
Location
West Texas
I used to get around 275 or so miles on a tank but now I get 200 if I am lucky after I put on the Pitbull Rockers and beadlocks. The increase in weight maybe?

same here. ~11 or so MPG with steel beadlocks and MTRs. when I fill up it's usually about 19.5 gallons, I don't run it empty.
 

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Installed new UCA on driver side. I had a self imposed rule never to use Dorman parts for anything more critical than a door handle. I violated that rule last year when I was pressed for time and installed a pair of Dorman UCAs. Bad mistake. The first one lasted 12,000 miles. This one made it to an impressive (not) 21,000 miles. New GM arms are now back on both sides. Minimum I have had out of GM arms is 80K. Driver side GM arm made it to 150K with no issue.
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
I'll get 450kms to a tank with 37"s and a super charger... that's 278 miles a tank

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 
Top