• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
Went into the mountains today for a little drive and range time with the son.

58375224_416722762437112_8031049614670954496_n.jpg 57503058_351814388774850_914057482555359232_n.jpg57491761_324757764900199_5451191304039956480_n.jpg
 

mjferencak

Well-Known Member
Messages
308
Location
Elbert, CO
Anyone have to replace their poly bushings for that steering rack kit yet? Just curious on the longevity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
Did some wire work this weekend, I hard wired the light on the bumper to the truck when I installed the ARB in February. It's been in the back of my mind that one day I will have to take off the bumper to service the winch or something. Went with a trailer male and female harness for the job.


Before
57451165_2673566239383801_8736020379790737408_n.jpg57217986_2410725522493304_3565606627081977856_n.jpg58619800_375318876429626_5441855574146809856_n.jpg

After
58570885_802738376772428_6002604833570291712_n.jpg58543803_2156680984446686_2308569282654502912_n.jpg58461185_321635575189973_7926188572254666752_n.jpg

Just when I got everything looking great, one of the fog lamps bulbs popped. I'll post an update in a few days on the upgrade, but here's my new back up light set up. Just wait and see where they'll go!!!

58779145_413382966160316_3362112584131018752_n.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 58961787_2673522499388175_1035176629749415936_n.jpg
    58961787_2673522499388175_1035176629749415936_n.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 674
  • 59295746_625683251246486_2132350390862086144_n.jpg
    59295746_625683251246486_2132350390862086144_n.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 695
  • 58460627_375305163097664_230222079700500480_n.jpg
    58460627_375305163097664_230222079700500480_n.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 683
  • 58444682_2410707942495062_528219915857952768_n.jpg
    58444682_2410707942495062_528219915857952768_n.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 692
  • 58707925_802724926773773_1925766793251520512_n.jpg
    58707925_802724926773773_1925766793251520512_n.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 698
  • 58689251_2156641747783943_5490126101701197824_n.jpg
    58689251_2156641747783943_5490126101701197824_n.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 704
  • 58580546_321624398524424_2071294797934493696_n.jpg
    58580546_321624398524424_2071294797934493696_n.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 711
  • 59325776_413339689497977_4684113769926754304_n.jpg
    59325776_413339689497977_4684113769926754304_n.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:

owlxxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
345
Location
Tehachapi, CA
Recently installed Outfitter Design heavy duty tie-rods, external trans cooler with thermostat bypass and a snorkel. Sorry for the bad pics of the trans cooler as I didn't take pictures while installing and grill prevents taking good pics.

What transmission cooler did you use and how do you like it? I'm thinking of doing this in a couple of weeks since my temp gauge went up past 3/4 and just about hit 7/8 climbing the hill heading in and out of death valley two weeks ago. I had my overflow spilling out when I got to Cerro gordo mine which is a steep climb.
 

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
New data point for H3 3.7 Auto on 35’s, 6% grade at 60mph = coasting for as long as the grade holds

Any faster and I need to give it a little extra push


Also hit 15.5 mpg today!!! Woohoo

Of course my wife, who is known for driving her new Civic SI with gusto, rolled her eyes shrug [emoji2369]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

SlcHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
368
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
What transmission cooler did you use and how do you like it? I'm thinking of doing this in a couple of weeks since my temp gauge went up past 3/4 and just about hit 7/8 climbing the hill heading in and out of death valley two weeks ago. I had my overflow spilling out when I got to Cerro gordo mine which is a steep climb.

I went with a Long Tru-Cool LPD 4589 cooler, https://www.amazon.com/Long-Tru-Coo...ission+cooler&qid=1557720257&s=gateway&sr=8-4. I should give a large amount of credit to Alex whose instructions inspired me to finally commit to this upgrade and gave me a baseline, https://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/fo...-Cooler-Thread-Number-3-install-with-pictures.

This upgrade, which I too bypassed the stock radiator trans cooler, was definitely one of my top upgrades/mods on my vehicle. Shifting seems to be smoother (although I feel this is likely a placebo), I drove my rig out to and from Moab, and was blasting my AC with no doors in the hot sun (https://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/fo...019-Black-Sheep-Moab-recap-and-pictures/page3). Coolant temp once got to around 215 and trans temp to 205 if I recall correctly. For the record I rarely tow with my rig and haven't since using for off road and installing the trans cooler so I have no recommendations/experience with towing on this setup.

With my install I also included a thermostat/bypass which fully opens the trans cooler only once temps reach 180, https://www.amazon.com/Tru-Cool-Lon...ssion+cooler&qid=1557720257&s=gateway&sr=8-10. I included this mainly in preparation for winters here in UT which can get a bit cold. I also recommend having some extra hose, bolts/washers, and clamps, especially if you include the trans cooler thermostat/bypass.
 

Korby7

Well-Known Member
Messages
434
Location
Utah
I used https://www.vhtpaint.com/high-heat/vht-engine-enamel. I cleaned them as much as I could. I pulled the pads, masked and suspended them with welding wire in the wheel housing that was shielded with cardboard.
I’ve never pulled the center caps when wheeling but see why you might want to. Loved the red center hub in some of Hunners old pics. I thought I might as well get the calipers while I had everything apart.
 

Korby7

Well-Known Member
Messages
434
Location
Utah
After driving it around after installing the bracket and wow I’m amazed. It rides so much better with a lot less shaky feeling. Definitely recommend this steering bracket


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be ordering one of these soon. I installed a Hunner steering rack bushing yesterday and the steering feels a lot better but there is barely some movement left to right from the tired bushings on the drivers side. I trimmed the back side of the sleeve and tacked in a shim behind it but it can’t seem to clamp tight enough to kill all of the movement. I’ll probably install a new steering rack at the same time.

attachment.php
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
Be careful adding shims to the rack clamp. It can crush the rack tube slightly and cause the piston to seize inside it. It only takes a few thousandths to make the tube “oval” and jam up the piston. Needless to say...when this happens, your truck will go the direction it is pointed making for some really exciting driving.

Years ago I added a few layers of electrical tape to the rack tube, so it fit the clamp tighter. Even tape can cause the piston to get stuck.
 

humbleag

Member
Messages
22
Location
College Station Texas
Finished the clean-up (finally) that I started when I bought it in January. Almost 9 years and 183k miles worth of dirt and neglect, now I'll say it meets my standards. Probably time to go get it dirty. :)

2010 H3 Redo 195.JPG
 

DFW Spartan

Well-Known Member
Messages
125
Location
Dallas, TX
Stopped by the Truck & Jeep Fest being held in Dallas this weekend. My wallet took a beating, but my rig has some new gear on the way; a Warn 9.5XP-S for my DOI hidden winch mount, Baja Designs LP6 Pro LED lights (x2) for the brush guard, and a Optima Yellowtop 33/78 battery to power it all.
2c6d25213c7be8f6a804858b2d300104.jpg


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
That is a good looking T. I go back and forth about replacing the handles and mirrors with the chrome ones. Heresy on this forum I know but I think they look good as long as you don't over bling it.

Stopped by the Truck & Jeep Fest being held in Dallas this weekend. My wallet took a beating, but my rig has some new gear on the way; a Warn 9.5XP-S for my DOI hidden winch mount, Baja Designs LP6 Pro LED lights (x2) for the brush guard, and a Optima Yellowtop 33/78 battery to power it all.
2c6d25213c7be8f6a804858b2d300104.jpg


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

ConcealedGLOCK

Well-Known Member
Messages
57
Location
Utah
Stopped by the Truck & Jeep Fest being held in Dallas this weekend. My wallet took a beating, but my rig has some new gear on the way; a Warn 9.5XP-S for my DOI hidden winch mount, Baja Designs LP6 Pro LED lights (x2) for the brush guard, and a Optima Yellowtop 33/78 battery to power it all.
2c6d25213c7be8f6a804858b2d300104.jpg

Man that would look good with 38s.
 
Top