M416 Overlanding Trailer Project
Also been making a bit of progress on my M416 trailer. I sort of had a DIY rooftop tent going on it for years; used it when my kids were little and when I went to Boy Scout Camp as an adult leader. It has sort of sat for a while.
Concept of my project is that everything must be removable. This is my utility trailer, so I use it for hauling gravel, picking up lumber, and, for camping places that you can't get an RV or Travel Trailer.
Nothing sexy at this point - just an important lesson. Don't wait a couple of decades to pull cotter pins and change shocks. I had to cut off both ends of the cotter pins and drill out the holes, breaking several bits in the process. Not fun.
Here's an old pic of how I set up my tent on my tables (may have posted this on here before):



This is what it looks like when you don't change your shocks for a couple of decades:






Also been making a bit of progress on my M416 trailer. I sort of had a DIY rooftop tent going on it for years; used it when my kids were little and when I went to Boy Scout Camp as an adult leader. It has sort of sat for a while.
Concept of my project is that everything must be removable. This is my utility trailer, so I use it for hauling gravel, picking up lumber, and, for camping places that you can't get an RV or Travel Trailer.
Nothing sexy at this point - just an important lesson. Don't wait a couple of decades to pull cotter pins and change shocks. I had to cut off both ends of the cotter pins and drill out the holes, breaking several bits in the process. Not fun.
Here's an old pic of how I set up my tent on my tables (may have posted this on here before):



This is what it looks like when you don't change your shocks for a couple of decades:















![IMG_9643[1].JPG IMG_9643[1].JPG](https://hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/data/attachments/16/16050-b58bb3c24b53a9b1b1f048c147fcfb19.jpg)
![IMG_9676[1].JPG IMG_9676[1].JPG](https://hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/data/attachments/16/16051-84d74db9b69a78ba83c746d1789ba106.jpg)



