• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

H3TDave

Well-Known Member
Messages
111
Location
West Virginia
I installed that same unit this weekend as well.... mine drops way slower due to the cold lol

I think my wife will enjoy this the most!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
The first inch or two there isnt a lot of resistance but from then on it lowers nice and easy. I may need to tweak it a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Installed the tailgate assist on my H3T. Works as it should.
https://youtu.be/HS2MCUKE0HY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I installed that same unit this weekend as well.... mine drops way slower due to the cold lol

I think my wife will enjoy this the most!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Ha, also installed the tailgate assist this weekend.

:cheers:
It was such an easy install! I wish I did it sooner!
 

SlcHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
368
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Got a tune from PCM of NC installed the other day on my 06 3.5l but haven't driven it much since. It does seem to have a bit more power and I'm able to maintain and even increase speed while going 70mph on an incline where previously the stock PCM would have a hard time coasting at 70, increasing speed was not possible lol. The biggest change is in the transmission shifting, I opted for option/level 2 but I think I'm liking it...time will tell, its just different and my rig has driven the same way for quite awhile lol.

UPDATE: The PCM of NC tune definitely has a noticeable performance improvement and I would recommend those with an I5 to do this upgrade, especially us with the 3.5l.
 
Last edited:

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Got a serious case of the creaks so I ordered a new set of body cushions. Interestingly, the cushions are only one size for the upper and lower sets, just the durometer hardness is slightly different. The price on the cushions vary between 4 and 40 so I just ordered the middle hardness for all 4 sets and saved 120. I doubt the different than spec hardness will make any noticeable difference.
 

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
Messages
542
Location
Miami,Fl
1BFC4AAF-7FC8-46ED-A0D8-370E3813FAD0.jpeg13AE5518-C90F-4A50-AB59-4965052AFAF4.jpeg
Got my 08 H3 detailed.... I think in all of 2018
I had it washed twice so 2019 is off to a clean start. :giggle:
 

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Pulled out a group of high school kids who had more balls than traction. Didn't actually have any video of pulling them out, but told them their penalty for a dumb decision and trespassing on my land was that this was going on YouTube!


[video=youtube;R9Ubyq3vkmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ubyq3vkmo[/video]
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
Pulled out a group of high school kids who had more balls than traction. Didn't actually have any video of pulling them out, but told them their penalty for a dumb decision and trespassing on my land was that this was going on YouTube!


[video=youtube;R9Ubyq3vkmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ubyq3vkmo[/video]

Ah hahaha! Thats great! Not gonna lie and say I haven't gotten stuck on some random land when I was in highschool. But I did bring a strap :giggle:
 

Chimpy

Well-Known Member
Messages
105
Location
Ohio
Pulled out a group of high school kids who had more balls than traction. Didn't actually have any video of pulling them out, but told them their penalty for a dumb decision and trespassing on my land was that this was going on YouTube!


[video=youtube;R9Ubyq3vkmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ubyq3vkmo[/video]


Yeah, I remember when I had my first beer. :clap:
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,837
Location
Bellflower, CA
Tensioner pulley was making a bunch of noise so thought it was time. New tensioner, idler pulley for good measure and a belt. Tensioner was easy but the idler pulley was PITA so I delegated the rest to my son. 1 hour later the fan shroud and fan are on the ground, he said it was easier to get to the idler bolt with them off. So be it, the job is done and all is now quiet.
 

chinsH3

Active Member
Messages
35
Location
Virginia
Lots of catching up to do, but I sold my 06 in HI, moved to VA, bought a 09 CE with 85k thats basically stock except for the Warn mounted on the towrings, found 5 Tactical Edition rims in the same town, and now starts the build. Already swapped the chrome handles for black, ordered new stereo, floor mats, some Schwarttzy stuff.....
Right now its mostly buying stuff and putting it in the garage since we bought a 70s house thats needs updating-so honey do list comes before hummer do list
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Had to take the T in for a safety inspection... needed new rear brakes, and upper control arms (worn out ball joints) to pass.... once that's all done I will be able to drive her again!!! (Its been sitting in my driveway for 10 months as I debated selling it)

Hopefully I will be able to take it out for some winter wheeling soon!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

chinsH3

Active Member
Messages
35
Location
Virginia
Audio plan for now is just a pioneer double din to wake up the speakers and sub....maybe down the road upgrade the rest. Just happy to have music from bluetooth lol
 

SlcHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
368
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Yep, Should be an interesting project. Picked up a tubing bender now just need to see if I can remember how to weld anything.

Let me know if there are any more detailed pics or measurements I can take of my tube doors that will help. Here is my write-up although no build details since I bought these off someone on KSL and never got the builder contact details, was hoping to get CAD files that the seller said he may still have.
 

Bowser-II

Well-Known Member
Messages
270
Location
Hagerstown, Maryland
Finally got her back on the road this morning! Almost Three months to the day since my ego snap crackled and popped the front diff and passenger half shaft. Too much going on at this time of year!

Thanks 4speedfunk for rehear work and CGAlpha for the parts.


When I pulled the diff breathing tube it broke in a crumbly sort of way where it got close to the exhaust. There was about a 3” section that was essentially dry rotted and very weak.

26cae74949f8d1728e1c87e9b2e51ed3.jpg


I used 3/16 flexible fuel line and spliced the new line into the old breather cap using a section of solid 3/16 tube with flared ends. The included nuts were easy to remove with a dremel.


694abbcfb8f99fd2df616740921bb318.jpg



Finished product turned out fine.

c5f81c96562e984f796a1030fb07eac9.jpg


I used a fair bit longer length and routed it as clear from the exhaust as possible and used wire ties to lock in place with the original tube fixed in its original location. No pictures of that...



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Put the Blizzaks on. Hate the way they look, but they turn the Hummer into a Yeti. I actually tried to do a before and after video (KM2 vs. Blizzaks), but for varying reasons most of the video either sucked or didn't transfer properly. The KM2s consistently stopped at 180-190 feet, and the Blizzaks 130-140 feet from 40mph. Nothing scientific, but I think it make a point. After the few passes, it mostly devilved into power slides, donuts, and Rockfords!
 
Last edited:
Top