• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
H3-Hummer-Quick-N-Simple-Audio-Input-960x540.png


GM-OnStar-H3-Hummer-Quick-N-Simple-Auxilary-Input-Hack-Schwarttzy-960x540.jpg


I apologize to everyone that has been having issues with the “Quick N’ Simple Audio Input”. I have designed a PCB (Printed Circuit Board) to resolved these recent issues. A 3D generated image of the PCB can be seen above. Moving forward, the odds of shipping a defective “Auxiliary Audio Input” should become nearly zero. Sorry for problems guys. The newest version of the Auxiliary Audio Input’s will start shipping again before 2018 Christmas.

You can read more at https://schwarttzy.com/fixing-the-auxiliary-audio-input/
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Trans went out again, lost 3-4
Dropped it off at the trans shop. This is the 3rd time the trans fails in less than 10K
Probably taking it to a new shop

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
 

FactoryOrdered2010AlphaT

Well-Known Member
Messages
87
Location
Canada
Yep, fits and works perfectly. Our tailgates already have the hole pre drilled, so It's a quick and easy install.

On order! My tailgate's getting lots of love this year. ... That only sounds odd if you don't have a T.

In the spring I had to disassemble the latch handle and rehabilitate it. Had been sticking for years...wouldn't spring back. Got tired of slamming it. Had been spraying oil in there...and various dealers were asked to $pend time on it...but wasn't getting done...got worse and then failed completely. Went to YouTube for help...and once I got the thing out, sprayed oil on the actual part, just working it with my hands was enough to fix it. Re-installed and I can still close it with my pinky six months later...easier than when it was new.

Thanks for the tip. What sort of shape is your bed hardware in? My tie down loops are sort of rusting - not the rail hardware - just the lower black loops.
 

Hayden

Toyo M/T
Messages
284
Location
Virginia, US
Havent been active on here in forever but finally burnt through my toyos so i threw 35” federals on it. Toyos were put on at 94k and taken off at 154k so i cannot complain!!
a973f5a12d524da35df3c129a5904d96.jpg
5196f8b75d89a12fd05cf331c01bc3ee.jpg
 

DFW Spartan

Well-Known Member
Messages
125
Location
Dallas, TX
Arrived, unpainted. Do did you paint those plates black? May have to order up a can of 74U.
Yeah, I taped off the ball/posts the shock attaches to, and hit the plates with a coat of self etching primer, then a couple coats of black paint to color match the bed. Took longer to paint than to do the installation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Ordered a Deezee tailgate kit to dampen it when opening as well as an external Mishimoto heavy duty trancooler w/ electric fan and a switch for the electric fan to operate between 160 and +180°F
5d9916f9b9d032428cbfd0f9c4f8e58d.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

awjohnson2

Member
Messages
13
Location
Atlanta, Ga, USA
I got smashed in the front of the driver's side rear wheel. The impact snapped the leaf springs in half and pushed the axle about 6 inches to the rear. Not sure if they will total it or not........

[video=youtube_share;YFZ_miPSElE]https://youtu.be/YFZ_miPSElE[/video]
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Had an idea in my head.... Had some 2x4's laying around... so I decided to make a mockup and see if this is something I should peruse.....

100% going to make this into a real working now that I have seen the potential!

I'll post up more in my build thread or possibly start a new one once there is more info
1d666ba6df276cf4d8a11b94e32c609b.jpg
21d943b15e8df923a9dbdb7e2fd3ee27.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

Chimpy

Well-Known Member
Messages
105
Location
Ohio
Replaced my leaking water pump and the fan clutch, tensioner, upper and lower hoses and belt. The radiator and thermostat were done last year. Also replaced the rear u-joints recently as well.:)
 

Acer4LO

Well-Known Member
Messages
801
Location
Illinois
Had an idea in my head.... Had some 2x4's laying around... so I decided to make a mockup and see if this is something I should peruse.....

100% going to make this into a real working now that I have seen the potential!

I'll post up more in my build thread or possibly start a new one once there is more info

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Now this is a pretty cool idea! However wouldn't you have to make your own custom rooftop tent in order to fit those dimensions? Also another idea you could implment is putting some type of storage/slide out drawers underneith the Roof Top Tent, ontop of that custom bed rack you have.
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Now this is a pretty cool idea! However wouldn't you have to make your own custom rooftop tent in order to fit those dimensions? Also another idea you could implment is putting some type of storage/slide out drawers underneith the Roof Top Tent, ontop of that custom bed rack you have.
Well the 2x4's are just a reference point or a skeleton if you will.

It will be a full custom camper/rtt similar to the go fast camper or Vegabond camper that is made for the Tacoma.

And the plan is to have a very simple storage system in the box, be able to stand up inside the box while the tent is open, and keep the weight down to 300lbs or less (snugtop canopy is 300lbs for reference)
bdd05c1ac20821d6d04818e5fa6fa2aa.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Installed an Optima Yellow top 34/78.... I will be ordering parts for a dual better install shortly considering I now run a Dometic Fridge when camping these days

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,837
Location
Bellflower, CA
Installed an Optima Yellow top 34/78.... I will be ordering parts for a dual better install shortly considering I now run a Dometic Fridge when camping these days

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I have 2 yellow tops with a manual disconnect. I have a Dometic CFX-65DZ and it can run for 2+ days on a single battery before it hits the high voltage cutoff. When I camp, I disconnect the spare battery so I always have a fresh spare. The fridge is the single best accessory I have purchased.
 
Top