• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
Finish the stereo CB Radio installed, yes that's a big-Oh touch screen 13.3 perfect f9r when mall crawling...
14aae56a3f7081717e6884047c549854.jpg


As well cut the hole where the exhaust is going to be route to the Hmmvw's raised one... now just need to take it to the muffler shop so they can cut off my muffler and connect it.
a97940aaeadee641afaa7a4284cc23f3.jpg



Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
Are you going to have the muffler shop sleeve the plastic so it doesn't melt?
Yes I'm having the pipe warped with somw heat rwduction tape and using a heat shield blanket which is why the hole is so much bigger than the pipe.


Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 

Burtor

Well-Known Member
Messages
55
Location
Michigan
Went to Parker AZ for New Years! Put 600 miles on the hummer and she performed great, I did manage to fix the stupid vibration of the windshield plastic trim pieces which is great!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you really going to just offhandedly meantion "oh, fixed the pillar trim vibration!" then stop typing as if nobody would notice?
WHAT!? HOW!? Do you have any pictures or a some instruction for how I can fix mine? They're driving me crazy some days.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,843
Location
Bellflower, CA
Why didn't any you tell me that rims with 4.5" backspacing won't work with a Rancho? Just finished my Rancho install today and found out my tires barely rub the UCA bolt. Using some big washers as test spacers, I will need 1/2" spacers to clear. Pissed but glad I'm almost done.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Why didn't any you tell me that rims with 4.5" backspacing won't work with a Rancho? Just finished my Rancho install today and found out my tires barely rub the UCA bolt. Using some big washers as test spacers, I will need 1/2" spacers to clear. Pissed but glad I'm almost done.
The Rancho Installation doc says that the recommended tire size for this suspension system is 35” x 12.5” and the maximum wheel backspacing is 5 inches on 20” wheels and 4.5 inches on 16”, 17” and 18” wheels. So, is that not true?
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Rascals, what size wheels are you running? Even tough the install instructions say 4.5" BS for 16" wheels, I don't think that's the case as most who have installed the Rancho kit have gone with 17" wheels with 4.5" of BS.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,843
Location
Bellflower, CA
Running 16" x 8 with 35" BFG AT's. 17" wouldn't do much either, the wheel cannot be turned when bolted up, too much tire biting the bolt. Will post a pic in the morning, beer and football time now. Looking at spacers on Amazon now for a temp fix.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
How about a 17 x 9 with 4.5 BS? I thought a lot of people have run this size wheel on Rancho lifted H3s since the kit came out years ago.
 

jphh20

Well-Known Member
Messages
173
Location
CT
How about a 17 x 9 with 4.5 BS? I thought a lot of people have run this size wheel on Rancho lifted H3s since the kit came out years ago.

I am running 17 x 9 w/ 4.5" BS, 315 70 17 tires on my rancho and do not get any rub. I believe the kit uses this as a starting point for wheel sizes otherwise spacers would have to be used.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

MustangGirl666

Well-Known Member
Messages
291
Location
West Hartford CT
Why didn't any you tell me that rims with 4.5" backspacing won't work with a Rancho? Just finished my Rancho install today and found out my tires barely rub the UCA bolt. Using some big washers as test spacers, I will need 1/2" spacers to clear. Pissed but glad I'm almost done.

I had the exact same thing happen a few weeks ago my truck was stuck at a shop, I have 16" wheels with 4.5" backspacing too! I had to get spacers in the meantime. I'm pissed because I just got new wheels 3 months ago. I had to Amazon prime 1.5" wheel spacers to get it home. 1.5" were needed to clear the studs. I'm going to be getting 17s and 37s eventually but for now I brought some BORA spacers off Chris so I can still wheel it.
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
Be pissed at yourself. Its clearly stated in the Rancho instructions, on the Rancho website, and by all the Rancho customers on H4O and several other forums. Its very common knowledge that you must use spacers or get new wheels to run a Rancho kit on an H3. Not only is the kit horrendously overpriced...but, you must add another $2500 for new wheels. We've all been there...its a tough pill to swallow. Great kit though, and the only downside is the lack of lower gearing.

4.5" backspacing loosely translates to -12mm offest. I ran -11mm 17X9 Eagle Alloys on mine...no issues.
 
Last edited:

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,843
Location
Bellflower, CA
Be pissed at yourself. Its clearly stated in the Rancho instructions, on the Rancho website, and by all the Rancho customers on H4O and several other forums. Its very common knowledge that you must use spacers or get new wheels to run a Rancho kit on an H3. Not only is the kit horrendously overpriced...but, you must add another $2500 for new wheels. We've all been there...its a tough pill to swallow. Great kit though, and the only downside is the lack of lower gearing.

4.5" backspacing loosely translates to -12mm offest. I ran -11mm 17X9 Eagle Alloys on mine...no issues.

What is your problem? Did you wake up this morning and feel the need to be a dick? Let me fill you in, my Rancho kit was not over priced, I bought it used from Panzer for a great price that included a CI diff w/locker. I DO have aftermarket rims with 4.5" backspacing, they are Ultra Badlands 16 x 8 with a +10mm offset. So I follow the instructions and you feel the need to slam me?
20170108_094201 (1280x1245).jpg
20170108_094222 (720x1280).jpg
 
Last edited:

Panzer07

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,548
Location
Ontario, CA
Damn thing got heated up.

Anyways I started welding scheiße...not bad for a rookie like me on the mig...them all hrs of youtube mig welding I watched did helped

ec8ce3d9c6f4bf6835451547163d79c6.jpg


c9f2a35cd1cde458b4befacb09869d0f.jpg

9ef16a960b4b6a6bddb3cd81f9baf763.jpg


74a508c0b9c9aea3d517e19ee1a56288.jpg

3b6294f54071a21bb384861804d3abc4.jpg


Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Rascole, on a 17x9 " wheel 4.5 backspacing is -12mm

The equation for offset was:

Offset = 25.4 x { Backspacing - [(wheel width+1) / 2] }

So in ur case:

Offset = 25.4 x { 4.5 - [(8+1)/2] }
Which nets 0 offset.

17x9 with 4.5 B.S.

Offset = 25.4 x { 4.5 - [(9+1)/2] }
Which nets -12mm

Stock wheels are 16 x 7.5 with 5.75 B.S. with +38mm offset.

You need at least 12mm spacer to be within rancho specs.

The offset is what measures distance between the center of the tire and the wheel mounting face. You can have two equally backspaced wheels but the tires would stick in/out differently if the offset is different.
 
Last edited:

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,843
Location
Bellflower, CA
WTF? Somebody is off their meds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off my meds? You criticize me because of something out of my control? You have done tremendous amounts to help the forum members including me and it is an uncharacteristic comment for you. My apologies for calling you a dick, I should have said meanie.
 

MustangGirl666

Well-Known Member
Messages
291
Location
West Hartford CT
What is your problem? Did you wake up this morning and feel the need to be a dick? Let me fill you in, my Rancho kit was not over priced, I bought it used from Panzer for a great price that included a CI diff w/locker. I DO have aftermarket rims with 4.5" backspacing, they are Ultra Badlands 16 x 8 with a +10mm offset. So I follow the instructions and you feel the need to slam me?
View attachment 21651
View attachment 21652

a863d33e76fe8bf67d69cb2afbddca7d.jpg


The 16" wheel would need at least 4" backspacing because vs a 17" the tire has more bulge I learned the hard way lol



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

jphh20

Well-Known Member
Messages
173
Location
CT
What is your problem? Did you wake up this morning and feel the need to be a dick? Let me fill you in, my Rancho kit was not over priced, I bought it used from Panzer for a great price that included a CI diff w/locker. I DO have aftermarket rims with 4.5" backspacing, they are Ultra Badlands 16 x 8 with a +10mm offset. So I follow the instructions and you feel the need to slam me?
View attachment 21651
View attachment 21652

Noticed in your picture that your new ball joints do not have a zero fitting on top. I put 90 degree zero on mine to make them greasable.

6a97d8051b9555477305522f37f29be6.jpg
6a97d8051b9555477305522f37f29be6.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,843
Location
Bellflower, CA
The Rancho Installation doc says that the recommended tire size for this suspension system is 35” x 12.5” and the maximum wheel backspacing is 5 inches on 20” wheels and 4.5 inches on 16”, 17” and 18” wheels. So, is that not true?

So I double checked the measurements and I'm still scratching my head. My 4.5" BS rubs.
20170108_155757 (720x1280).jpg
20170108_160328 (1079x1280).jpg
 
Top