• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New to here with my H3T Alpha

TravisUsmc

Active Member
Messages
31
Location
Houston
Hello everyone,
Happy new year! I wanted to introduce myself on here I am open to seek suggestions and research on my new H3T Alpha

I am in Houston Texas

I recently purchased my Truck 2 months ago with an awesome deal!
It is a 2009 H3T Alpha with just 55,000 miles on it.
It has leather interior and Alpha all over the seats, Steering wheel horn and tailgate. Not to mention the V8 Engine it has.

I have test drove the regular hummer h3 and I did not like the performance with a Inline 5 cylinder just like my Chevy Colorado. Sluggish and no get up and go when entering the freeway.

So far the only thing I have done to it was I got some Tires as a present for Christmas. They are Kenda Klevers MT. 10 Ply mud tires with 31.5" of total tire size. About 600 dollars for all 4. So far I have been impressed and haven't had any problems. (Short time I know)

This truck does not have front or rear lockers (don't know how it makes a different yet.)

I plan to put a SnugTop camper on it, put in a K&N cold air intake, maybe a 3" lift and bigger tires later on, and a ARB Bumper with extra off road lights and winch.

I wanted a truck to get up and go and take the family anywhere at anytime no matter where it is at.

Please feel free for suggestion and information.



vusu3uty.jpg


rasamapa.jpg


8uhy9aqa.jpg
e9egy8e7.jpg


Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

TravisUsmc

Active Member
Messages
31
Location
Houston
Yea Cool man. In the future we could. I want to get into an off roading group and learn the ways of rock crawling.
Yea I don't see the Alphas around very often. Every other hummer H3Ts I pass I think ( oh thats a nice setup.... but not as powerful as mine. muahaha)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 

cdarveaux

Well-Known Member
Messages
544
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Yea Cool man. In the future we could. I want to get into an off roading group and learn the ways of rock crawling.
Yea I don't see the Alphas around very often. Every other hummer H3Ts I pass I think ( oh thats a nice setup.... but not as powerful as mine. muahaha)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Well I wheel lol I want to scout out this place in Huntsville sometime soon And we usually go to marble falls as an H4O group. And I know the feeling about the power
 

TravisUsmc

Active Member
Messages
31
Location
Houston
0-60 in 8 seconds is nice.

I run around Houston a lot when I'm off work 2 weeks at a time.
So I do have some free time to go off roading and stuff when I'm not night hunting for Hogs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Messages
1,149
Location
Ferris,Texas
Guns and trucks, you will fit in just fine. I am planning a trip to Barnwell Mountain, east Texas on January 25 everyone is welcome . There are several people wanting to go to Huntsville soon and that is one of the closer places to Houston.
 

TravisUsmc

Active Member
Messages
31
Location
Houston
Im not sure how much I can do with a Stock Alpha with no locking axels.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 

SuperBuickGuy

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,403
Location
Woodinville, WA
welcome, you have traction control which, when used properly, is a pretty good bandaid for the bleeding you can do without lockers
with that said, I'd forgo the GM lockers and put ARB lockers in - so, in a sense, you did better by buying without
 

BlueSteeleHorse07

Well-Known Member
Messages
163
Location
Central Texas
Welcome to the community. TravisUsmc, if you take a gander at my avatar, that's my deuce, the owner/vehicle behind me that took that picture is Chris (Cdarveaux), that picture was taken at Hidden Falls Adventure Park, Marble Falls, during an off-roading event, Wheelers for the Wounded in 2013.

Dan
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Welcome!

i'm running an Alpha T as well.... But I got an extra 125hp from a blower under the hood! Makes for a lot of fun :)
 
Top