• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Search results

  1. cgalpha08

    Front differential conversion

    I would definitely try and reinforce the frame if you go to coilovers. When we do SAS we plate the frame, basically from the front body mount all the way to the rear of the front wheel well. With coilovers all of the load is now going to be up there vs spread out to the back with the T bars.
  2. cgalpha08

    Front differential conversion

    The factory t case is narrow, the torsion bars and exhaust sit both between the transmission and the frame rail, and now add a driveshaft to one side. When you go SAS the t bars are gone and it largely doesn't matter since the driveshaft doesn't really go up into the transmission like it does on...
  3. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Picked up some 40s courtesy of Josh and Geno. Little bit bigger than the 37s currently on there.
  4. cgalpha08

    BCM Questions

    No, you have to have the BCM programmed by the dealer so all of the vin coded security stuff matches. I'm sure you can install it, but idk if everything will function correctly. I had mine replaces in 2017 for $800 at a chevy dealer, not sure what it will cost now.
  5. cgalpha08

    Leaf spring brackets hitting frame

    Yea those bushing are shot, replace them and that should resolve you're issues. You might as well replace the ones in the leaf spring pack itself as well while you're at it.
  6. cgalpha08

    Hummers on the Rubicon

    Ive got 2 guys from out east, who will come next year
  7. cgalpha08

    Hummers on the Rubicon

    Head to 5:35 to see us run into WFO concepts on big sluice
  8. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Head to 5:35 to see us on run into WFO concepts on big sluice
  9. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    I went an weighed the H3, fully loaded with all the gear from the rubicon minus some clothes and water with 1/3 tank of gas. I'm going to re-weigh when it's empty. 6620lbs
  10. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    case anyone is curious, my "tow rig" aka daily driver is a 2015 gmc sierra with the 6.2 and max tow package. It's rated for 11k lbs towing. 17k max gcwr. I stopped on the way home at a cat scale and here's the total weight. And finally mileage. Indianapolis to tahoe and back, plus other bits...
  11. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

  12. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Welp, made it through the rubicon. 3 solid days of driving from Indianapolis to get there and hit the trail. She made it through unscathed, minus the usual scrapes and bruises...I must have done something right during the build process. Massive thanks to 06h3 for guiding us through. We had him...
  13. cgalpha08

    Hummers on the Rubicon

    I feel this in my bones
  14. cgalpha08

    Hummers on the Rubicon

    I definitely underestimated the relelentless nature of the trial. 10/10 will do it again though.
  15. cgalpha08

    Trans fluid capacity

    I think any Dex 6 will do. I want to say pan drop and filter change you need 5ish quarts. https://hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/threads/h3-atf-fluid-change-procedure.2698/
  16. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Knocked out a couple of small detail items. Added a 4th leg to the rock road sliders, along with a gusset and gusseted one of the other legs. I also picked up some spare rear axle shafts and mounted those with quick fists under my rear platform
  17. cgalpha08

    AC not cooling well at idle and in hot weather - want to add electronic co denser fan - 2008 H3 Alpha

    i would pull the condensor and give it a good cleaning between it and the radiator. or even swap in a new condensor. Crud gets between the two and can cause cooling issues for both the AC and the engine due to build up. Did you use a gauge set that hooks up to both the high and low side? the...
  18. cgalpha08

    WTS Alpha torsion bars

    Price drop $180
  19. cgalpha08

    I must be missing something.

    The description says no title. So that begs the question, why no title? Is it stolen? salvaged? Im guessing to title it you would have to title it with a salvage title or some other process and thats why its so cheap. But the question remains, why is there no title? Did he total it and buy it...
Top