• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Search results

  1. cgalpha08

    H3 Motor mounts for 2008 Alpha

    There are some silverado ones that will work, there was a thread in here with the partnumber/solution
  2. cgalpha08

    Alpha P/Steering Pump 25932020 Discontinued: Alternatives & Fixes

    I have a solution. Albeit more extreme than most are willing to take on. I am currently working on replacing my pump setup with an aftermarket bracket, pump, and reservoir. Goatbuilt alternator and ps pump bracket, psc cbr pump and psc remote reservoir. Obviously my needs are a little different...
  3. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Here is a comparison of the two brackets. You can see the alternator is in the same location, but the pump is higher up. I also confirmed, you can infact mount the cbr pump on the oem bracket. The pulley spacing is the same between the oem pump and the cbr pump.
  4. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    im almost positive you're right. when i was looking into this years ago, i remember reading a thread on ih8mud where they put a tc or camaro pump on a trailblazer bracket, which looked eerily like ours. IIRC he got it to work with some spacing. i eventually decided i didn't want to mess with...
  5. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    I think the factory gmt900 series pumps probably clear. The oem alpha had a much wider pump/reservoir combo. I dont see any issue with running one of those assuming it fits.
  6. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    So this will allow me to run an aftermarket pump. In this case a psc cbr style pump, but you can also get the spacing for a tc style pump. The oem pump/resevoir combo is discontinued and hard to find good ones these days, so i went looking for a solution. Im sure you can modify the oem bracket...
  7. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    The other night I got the old accessory bracket and pump/reservoir out and mocked up the new bracket system. Old: New bracket from goatbuilt:
  8. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Well time for the next mod. I was doing an oil change and noticed the power steering was leaking by the cooler. Followed it up and its coming from the reservoir return fitting. On the factory reservoir its a plastic nipple with a hose barb. This is the second time I've had a leak there. Due to...
  9. cgalpha08

    Hummer H3 HD Dana 50/ CV shaft upgrade

    For droop, you could put a limit strap in, or clearance the control arm with a grinder for the small bit that contacts it. What bushing material are the lowers made out of?
  10. cgalpha08

    06H3's H3T Build

    Not to derail this too much, but what roadblocks? I know you mentioned something about the CV shaft hitting the control arm, but was there something else?
  11. cgalpha08

    06H3's H3T Build

    Nice Chris, congrats on the new ride! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the IFS diff
  12. cgalpha08

    Grill mod for winch.

    I am actually considering remote mounting mine up in the engine bay anyway. I noticed the solenoid box blocks a decent amount of air to the radiator. Im not overheating, but I figure trying to get the most possible air flow cant be a bad thing.
  13. cgalpha08

    Grill mod for winch.

    Randy, can you mount it off to the side of the winch? my smittybuilt can be mounted on top or on the left side. Idk if that winch has a provision for that, but it allowed me to not have to cut the grille up.
  14. cgalpha08

    06 H3's Squeakin H3 Build

    Congrats chris!
  15. cgalpha08

    H3 brake comparison with Toyota

    Mainly just to have a source for parts down the road. At some point, even used h3 parts are going to be so junky they won't be worth the effort of installing them, and remans will stop, junkyards will dry up. So if something else works, why not.
  16. cgalpha08

    H3 brake comparison with Toyota

    The brake caliper comparison will be easy to do, can get relatively cheap ones on ebay for both models, then its just measuring and possibly fitting them up. The master cylinder/abs pump will be more difficult, as i think when you replace that with a stock one, you have to have it programmed by...
  17. cgalpha08

    H3 brake comparison with Toyota

    All, Starting a discussion here regarding the compatibility between H3 brake components and Toyota components. Below are a series of pictures of the Hummer H3 master cylinder/abs pump compared to a Toyota one. They are nearly identical. I believe Aisin made them for Toyota, and Aisin also made...
  18. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Some more pics from windrock.
  19. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    Snagged a set of mirrors for $50, and another pass mirror for $20. Did some surgery on the mirror cap since its all nice and line-xed and I wanted to re-use it.
  20. cgalpha08

    Cgalpha08's build

    So i think my official plan is this. Pull the dent out to get the fender to seat, and clear coat the baremetal so it doesnt rust. Then this winter take it to a body shop and have them fix the doors. I know most people will say to just leave it, but these doors are very very nice, they only have...
Top