• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
How's the glare?

As in? To the on coming traffic?

I made sure the lights were align in the same placement as a originals.

Im just happy that I no longer have to deal with blue HID's and halogen fog lamps.

Now they match and the light output is fantastic, you can't beat the price on them also!!! 20190205_180619.jpg
 

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
Yeah, for oncoming traffic. If they really do hold to the oem beam pattern with out glare that'd be awesome, especially for the price. I know Diode Dynamics is supposed to be coming out with some LED bulbs for the H13 bulbs we use that are supposed to be nice and bright but without the glare you get from the garbage LED and HID retrofit bulbs. They are going to run about $150 for the pair though.

Someone else on here has those same bulbs and his beam pattern on a wall looks ok in the photo, but it's hard to really be sure based on a photo.

Can you also take a photo from the driver's point of view? It'd be interesting to see what the spread looks like from how you'd actually see it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

ZoroTheGreat

Well-Known Member
Messages
55
Location
La Verne, California
Well, I'm pretty shocked by how they work, it's crystal clear and I'm glad for this upgrade.
View attachment 24549View attachment 24550

Just the headlights.
View attachment 24551

Headlights and fog.
View attachment 24552

Headlights, fog and light bar.
View attachment 24553

I like it!!!

Any pics of the beam pattern on a wall or something? I was wondering because I bought some amazon LED’s a couple years back and had to mod them a bit so the beam pattern was reasonable. Maybe when this set dies i’ll get these.
d4b5a0343b85caf98524852bd0a2bbb8.jpg

Haven’t had anyone bright me yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

FactoryOrdered2010AlphaT

Well-Known Member
Messages
87
Location
Canada

Like the marker light reflection in your light bar. If one couldn't find a set of the markers a few accent LEDS pointing towards the bar could do some neat things.

The matched color looks better. I generally drive with fogs off unless alone, and the in-grill mounted floods only when I'm really out for fun rarely pointed straight, but it irks me too driving into mismatched lighting systems. Usually if I lean a bit to the left eventually the oncoming lights turn away...
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
The SA model head lamps are extremely good at keeping glare out with LED/HID lights. The housing is a more oval shape than round. I know it doesnt glare much coz I had the same HiD kit on my 06 US model and people used to flash me all the time (so i took it off and tried it on the 09 SA model) and no one flashes me anymore.
The bulb is different though, it uses a H4 bulb

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
 

JPaul

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,436
Location
Way up north, UT
The SA model head lamps are extremely good at keeping glare out with LED/HID lights. The housing is a more oval shape than round. I know it doesnt glare much coz I had the same HiD kit on my 06 US model and people used to flash me all the time (so i took it off and tried it on the 09 SA model) and no one flashes me anymore.
The bulb is different though, it uses a H4 bulb

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Don't they drive on the left side of the road though in South Africa? (I'm assuming that's what you mean by SA and not South America)

If that's the case then the beam pattern will be probably be wrong for right hand driving.
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
I placed tape on the wall for the previous lights, the LED's matched with the original. The drive last night was short and I knew should have taken pictures to see if the matched together.

I think everything will be fine, no need to adjust the lights. Hope this helps out with the guys thinking about going the LED route.
20180714_085948.jpg
 
Last edited:

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Don't they drive on the left side of the road though in South Africa? (I'm assuming that's what you mean by SA and not South America)

If that's the case then the beam pattern will be probably be wrong for right hand driving.
They probably do but the South african model was built for the european, australian and middle east markets so they had both LHD and RHD models.
My truck is a LHD model.
But again, the beam pattern is mainly different due to an entirely different housing (H4 vs H13). They even come with auto leveling which allows me to raise/lower the vertical beam height from inside the cabin (which malfunctioned 1 year after warranty)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
 

atvspeed4

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,211
Location
massachusetts
They probably do but the South african model was built for the european, australian and middle east markets so they had both LHD and RHD models.
My truck is a LHD model.
But again, the beam pattern is mainly different due to an entirely different housing (H4 vs H13). They even come with auto leveling which allows me to raise/lower the vertical beam height from inside the cabin (which malfunctioned 1 year after warranty)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
That's so cool! Can you post up picture of the switch to adjust lights?
 

4speedfunk

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,250
Location
Tardville
I heard the Euro models also had a light switch that stays where you put it?
I absolutely HATE the USA version with the spring-loaded switch that defaults to “Auto” headlights. Every time I start the truck I have to manually turn the headlights off.
I don’t have a problem with auto headlights but the switch needs to stay where the driver puts it (and not default to auto every time the truck is restarted).

P.s. My father’s new Durango has this same issue with the “auto-stop” function on the motor. Every time he starts the car, he manually cancels it with a button on the dash. Auto-stop is without question, the worst feature since auto retracting shoulder belts.
 
Last edited:

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
I heard the Euro models also had a light switch that stays where you put it?
I absolutely HATE the USA version with the spring-loaded switch that defaults to “Auto” headlights. Every time I start the truck I have to manually turn the headlights off.
I don’t have a problem with auto headlights but the switch needs to stay where the driver puts it (and not default to auto every time the truck is restarted).

P.s. My father’s new Durango has this same issue with the “auto-stop” function on the motor. Every time he starts the car, he manually cancels it with a button on the dash. Auto-stop is without question, the worst feature since auto retracting shoulder belts.
I will have to check my switch as I don't believe it has a spring in it, I remember it being different the the US model I just don't remember how

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Here is a picture and yes I can have the light always off/drls/auto and on to whatever height I want (useless since one beam stopped working properly due to stuck motor I guess)
c3497e7d0a57855db4d7a32bbafe9467.jpg


Headlight

c25c5d820a4af557b08529a4b5cb934a.jpg
 
Last edited:

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Here is a picture and yes I can have the light always off/drls/auto and on to whatever height I want (useless since one beam stopped working properly due to stuck motor I guess)
c3497e7d0a57855db4d7a32bbafe9467.jpg


Headlight

c25c5d820a4af557b08529a4b5cb934a.jpg
Crazy!!!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

KM4VVY

Member
Messages
15
Location
Aldie
My wife keeps telling me to install one. What brand did you end up buying? That thing looks high quality.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is a Blackvue. I recommend the DR750S ... it has better video at night.
They come in 1 or 2 cameras (one for the rear) if you like.
I typically buy my dashcams from Blackboxmycar.com - they are honest folks and their customer service is excellent.

The one I just installed doesn’t do too well at night, is the DR650S-1CH. My 750 is in the other vehicle.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 
Last edited:

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Looks good. Dash cam is pretty well on the top of my to do list in the Spring. A cam will be nice to have for the eventual teresa text alot I wind up plowing into when they run a light while counting likes on their instagram.


I’ve installed a dashcam today!
088d716558e196a70d65ef9615855598.jpg
4020be7a109a8c72a0891f4457b94fc7.jpg
0243614c9905ceeb493151fb945f096c.jpg
f0c3d05e05866948f11b883652bbea87.jpg
d4a9aa3e0f9681ccd481d45f3e3084ce.jpg
7d6f2a09cef6d17a5c492d5a9f52631d.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

KM4VVY

Member
Messages
15
Location
Aldie
Looks good. Dash cam is pretty well on the top of my to do list in the Spring. A cam will be nice to have for the eventual teresa text alot I wind up plowing into when they run a light while counting likes on their instagram.

LMAO -yeah brother, it is NOT a luxury but a necessity so blame is placed where it belongs. People LIE!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

mjferencak

Well-Known Member
Messages
308
Location
Elbert, CO
Right! I just recently relocated to Denver CO from Mobile AL and the driving style up here is a 180 from what I’m use to.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Went and looked at a rollover 08 H3 with a lift. Was just going to buy the whole thing and make it an offroad only toy but when the junkyard said rollover they failed to mention that it started at the top of Mt Vesuvius.
A foot of snow and 20 degrees provide a great deal of motivation to hurry so we rolled it onto the pass side with a fork lift and took a torch to it. Lots of parts to clean and inspect when the weather turns. Probably should have took the transfer case too since it was an adventure, at least I have an extra front locker now just in case.
 
Top