• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
Put the Blizzaks on. Hate the way they look, but they turn the Hummer into a Yeti. I actually tried to do a before and after video (KM2 vs. Blizzaks), but for varying reasons most of the video either sucked or didn't transfer properly. The KM2s consistently stopped at 180-190 feet, and the Blizzaks 130-140 feet from 40mph. Nothing scientific, but I think it make a point. After the few passes, it mostly devilved into power slides, donuts, and Rockfords!
I have heard good things about the tires... never felt the need to upgrade the my KO2's but they are what I would go with if I did

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
KM2's are not much fun in the snow after 6-8", but they are a mud tire so to be expected. The STT pro does very well in the snow, somewhat of a hybrid tire and looks good.
 

amrg

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,317
Location
Qatar
Probably to tell how many feet needed to stop from a certain speed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
 

clickclickboom

Well-Known Member
Messages
149
Location
indianapolis
Got a serious case of the creaks so I ordered a new set of body cushions. Interestingly, the cushions are only one size for the upper and lower sets, just the durometer hardness is slightly different. The price on the cushions vary between 4 and 40 so I just ordered the middle hardness for all 4 sets and saved 120. I doubt the different than spec hardness will make any noticeable difference.

Where did you order from? my T needs a whole set. Getting tired of the creaks and pops
 

Traxx

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
Location
PNW
Trunk Monkey Parts. The whole set of 16 was 124.76

For a T:
94711044
Cushion
$8.78
4
94710815
Cushion
$4.85
4
94710816
Cushion
$9.76
4
94710819
Cushion
$7.80
4


Where did you order from? my T needs a whole set. Getting tired of the creaks and pops
 

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Probably to tell how many feet needed to stop from a certain speed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yep, that. The whole thing started because whenever I tried to talk to someone about dedicated snow tires (which I'm a huge proponent of), I almost always get a response that I'm totally wrong and what you need in the winter is the biggest, baddest, gnarliest mud tire you can find. I was trying to prove my point with numbers. Of course, like I said, most of it just ended up with me goofing around.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,837
Location
Bellflower, CA
Replaced the cheap Gibson muffler yesterday. Had to replace the same muffler on my Silverado too. Replaced with Flowmaster 40 series. Actually sounds exactly the same. Only noticeable above 3k rpm.
 

adventuredad

Well-Known Member
Messages
86
Location
Southwest WA
Well we got the chance to get the new rig into its natural habitat for awhile today. Headed up Mt. St. Helens for some target shooting and the kids loved that we found some snow to boot. Got a little stuck in the wilderness but worked our way out pretty quick with the help of the shovel. All in all it was a fun family day in the mountains.
8bf29e6f885ba4aabdbb1cbab7095967.jpg
24a5833ff0a41c92d1848175c81a5487.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,672
Location
Scottsdale
Replaced the cheap Gibson muffler yesterday. Had to replace the same muffler on my Silverado too. Replaced with Flowmaster 40 series. Actually sounds exactly the same. Only noticeable above 3k rpm.
Hmm. I don't like the sound of my Gibson anymore. May go to Magnaflow eventually to quiet it down. I have a Flowmaster 70 in my Silverado but the three extra cylinders, and nearly 3 extra liters, go a long way towards a nice sound.
 

rascole

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,837
Location
Bellflower, CA
Hmm. I don't like the sound of my Gibson anymore. May go to Magnaflow eventually to quiet it down. I have a Flowmaster 70 in my Silverado but the three extra cylinders, and nearly 3 extra liters, go a long way towards a nice sound.
I have a co-worker with a H3 and she has the Flowmaster 50 series and at idle and low RPM it is slightly louder than stock. I opted for the 40 and don't mind slightly louder since it is not a daily driver.
 

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messages
1,390
Location
Rockford IL
Replaced the cheap Gibson muffler yesterday. Had to replace the same muffler on my Silverado too. Replaced with Flowmaster 40 series. Actually sounds exactly the same. Only noticeable above 3k rpm.

Something seems odd, the Gibson Muffler is much stronger and better quality than a factory one. Mines even stainless steal. In my opinnion Gibson 612800 its the best exhaust out there for the H3.
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
Been in the market for new headlight bulbs, the T came with HID's and I've never liked the look of it.
18574975_1503214333054120_506086118_o.jpg
Thanks to Hunner, I picked up the LED lights and the fog lamps he installed a while back.51221332_547153442448463_2074174298628554752_n.jpg
51341370_2378352442451598_3847802750276468736_n.jpg

I'm kind of surprised I didn't lose my $h!t when removing the old hardware.
51253951_321927701862213_4093636086910156800_n.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 51294617_983243895203051_150194478060142592_n.jpg
    51294617_983243895203051_150194478060142592_n.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 565
Last edited:

atvspeed4

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,211
Location
massachusetts
How do you like the LEDs? I am looking to replace headlight bulbs on all of our H3s but am skeptical just a bulb change will be enough of an improvement
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
How do you like the LEDs? I am looking to replace headlight bulbs on all of our H3s but am skeptical just a bulb change will be enough of an improvement
I am in the same boat, would love to know before I start popping off lenses for a retrofit HID system

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
Well, I'm pretty shocked by how they work, it's crystal clear and I'm glad for this upgrade.
51376317_243677426544229_1389624900410408960_n.jpg51284383_414442242655889_750498419184762880_n.jpg

Just the headlights.
51356269_236917787094565_2910128569705299968_n.jpg

Headlights and fog.
51569566_2023444251084688_5785284625173577728_n.jpg

Headlights, fog and light bar.
51057067_602907816825648_1046192499309150208_n.jpg

I like it!!!
 
Top