• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Passlock issue?

Kyle

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,707
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Well, this light keeps coming on when I'm driving, I'll turn the car off and back on and the light will stay off, but then after a few mins it comes back on. But what I don't understand is the truck still starts up and runs fine! I haven't seen anything regarding this before. Any one shed some light? I'm just going to ignore it for now until it affects the driving of the car some how.
0f44ba9e4753be6fc6232ad0f8e5e2f3.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

08H3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,368
Location
United States
Are you the original owner? If not, I'd say the PCM was modified. I honestly can't remember. There is a solid PL and a flashing PL on the cluster. One of those as I recall will start, and the other will not. Someone will chime in. Either way, I'd address it, or you're going to be sitting in a parking lot for a while at some point waiting for the light to go off.
 

Kyle

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,707
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Are you the original owner? If not, I'd say the PCM was modified. I honestly can't remember. There is a solid PL and a flashing PL on the cluster. One of those as I recall will start, and the other will not. Someone will chime in. Either way, I'd address it, or you're going to be sitting in a parking lot for a while at some point waiting for the light to go off.

Not the original owner, but I have had the passlock issue before, I was stuck in my drive way for 10 mins. Swapped the battery and terminals and it was fine ever since. I think there may be water somewhere behind my dash from when they tinted my windshield yesterday, if it keeps acting up I'm going to disable the PL by cutting the wire with the car on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

justin94tt

Well-Known Member
Messages
169
Location
Springfield VA
Mine started coming on after I was driving as well and I would stop and restart the vehicle without any problems and the light would go off. Then it got to the point where I would go to start the vehicle and nothing would happen, and I would have to do the 10 min reset. After getting annoyed with this I cut a wire under the dash with the truck running and disabled the whole Passlock system. The light stays on constantly now but my truck starts every time with no issues. If you have remote start I'm not sure it will work with this mod.
 
Top