• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

lift sizes?

midnightgravity

Active Member
Messages
39
Location
Austin, TX
I'm planning on getting a 2.5" lift. All I want is a slight lift to make the front equal the rear. Is there a rule of thumb with lifts? Would a 3" be what I want?What's the typical pricing on lifts done by a mechanic?
 

Best4x4

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,042
Location
Vidor, TX
Don't go past 23.5 or you'll have CV axle binding issues. I have mine set at 23 1/4 and I have no CV axle binding vs how it was when I bought it used.
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
Like previously mentioned no need is required. Just need to torque the torsion bars.

Take your center cap cover off and measure the distance from the center of the axle to the fender line on the rear. Lift the front of the truck and turn your torque bolt clockwise about 4 turns. Drive it around the block and measure the distance on the front. See where you are and adjust the front accordingly to the rear measurements. Drive it for few days and and check the measurements again. If everything is good, then go do an alignment and your are done. Enjoy a lifted truck.
 

digglesworth

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,789
Location
illinois
Nope. It's that easy... Just don't get too carried away with cranking those bolts. Keep your front end below 23.75".... 23.5" seems to be the sweet spot.
 

Pappibri

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,611
Location
Cohoctah, MI
Like everyone said, if you are just wanting to level it, get the front equal to the rear, then all you need to do is crank it... As they said though, its best to not go over 23 1/4. I have mine set at 23.... I would rather not like to run the risk for a extra 1/4 or 1/2 inch...
 
Top