• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Humming/roaring sound during accleration

BigBluMT

Member
Messages
11
Location
United States
The CV joints, the tc, rear diff were replaced two years ago. The sound doesn't seem to come from the rear area. Which is why I am at a loss. If it was the TC, drive shaft, rear diff, the sound would come from that area but it sounds like it is from the tranny forward. The dealer said my tranny is in really great shape so that has been ruled out. I dont know if its front diff because other than the nasty fluid, there isn't a speck of metal in it. So.... what else could it be?
 

Steve #1

Well-Known Member
Messages
534
Location
TEXAS
During accleration, there is a low humming/roaring sound coming between 30 miles and up. When I place it in neutral or let off the accerlator, the sound goes away. /QUOTE]


Like 4Speed said, front Prop Shaft. This isn't just a WAG. I had the same symptoms and others have too. Is it even more noticeable after you drive it a bit? That said, if the TCase mount is rigged, that may be what is throwing off the front shaft.
 
Top