• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Front diff crossmember bushing fix

gbrock1031

Probationary Member
Messages
3
Location
Montrose, CA
I spoke to Dwaine and Luis today and I'm placing an order. They know what they are doing and are extremely helpful. I look forward to replacing my cross member with their fix next week! I'm confident it will be the last time I have to make that repair. Thank you Dwaine and Luis!
 

H32NV

Well-Known Member
Messages
322
Location
Golden, CO
I've had my CV boots covered under powertrain warranty :confused:. Agree that they won't cover the crossmember. (As for CVs, I'm talking both the propshaft (whole unit) and the halfshafts (boots only) as both have been replaced under warranty.


maybe Tyrell-Marxen in Flagstaff just sucks. I should go down there maybe. I def have a cracked boot.
 

Steve #1

Well-Known Member
Messages
534
Location
TEXAS
maybe Tyrell-Marxen in Flagstaff just sucks. I should go down there maybe. I def have a cracked boot.

Not sure what year model your 3 is but I think this one of the parts that is only covered under the powertrain warranty on '07s.
 

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Messages
458
Location
NH/VA/WA
DSC00824.jpgDSC00825.jpgThe dealer did this to my 2010 T with the newer style crossmember. The nut welded in the crossmember broke loose inside the crossmember.... so they drilled through it and bolted it in. Seems to work OK.
 
Last edited:

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Messages
458
Location
NH/VA/WA
Umm...they unbolt the nut and bolt they added?, just has a nut on the top instead of welded inside the crossmember. If you see an issue with it let me know so i can go have em' re-fix it, my T is still under b2b waranty. I have had my oil changed since then and had no issues...also Im going to get an older stlye cross-member redone from Preferred Chassis Fabrication for when this one dies. :corn:
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
any idea on a time frame till the parts are for sale?

Auggie, these are ready. Send me a pm with your phone number and shipping address & I'll give you a call with the details. You are going to get a "special member discount " for everything you have done for the members over the years and for being one of the first (other than Alrock & me) to give these a test.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
I spoke to Dwaine and Luis today and I'm placing an order. They know what they are doing and are extremely helpful. I look forward to replacing my cross member with their fix next week! I'm confident it will be the last time I have to make that repair. Thank you Dwaine and Luis!

gbrock1031, yours is ready too. Left you a voice message yesterday. Give me a call when you get the message.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
New H4O member GAATZBELL read about the Scorpworks bushing fix after an on-line search after finding out that his CM bushing was pretty much non-existant. He happens to be local (Air Force currently stationed here in Tucson). Welcome to the forum & thank you for your service!
:cheers:

He came acrooss the forum, registered and contacted me about picking one up. Yesterday, he came by Dwaine's shop to get a Scorpworks H3 bushing crossmember. The one in his '06 rig was in the worst I shape I had ever seen! We popped his out and replaced it with Dwaine's "fix". Here is a pic of the new red Scorpworks bushing pressed into the old style CM with the OEM keyed head.
DSC00423.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00426.jpg


Here are a couple pics after we installed it on Gary's rig.
DSC00431.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00434.jpg


Perfect fit, a happy customer and new wheeling partner! Let us know how it holds up by posting your periodic comments here on the forum.
 

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
That's great to find people willing to help Hummer owners find solutions where GM never did. Thanks Dwayne!


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Will have pricing, ordering, contact info and other details up in the Preferred Chassis Fabrication room in the "Sponsors" section of the forum sometime tomorrow.
 
Last edited:

H32NV

Well-Known Member
Messages
322
Location
Golden, CO
Here's mine. Welded a straight section of square tubing into the cross member and drilled a 1-1/4" Hole sideways, welded a piece of 1-1/4 round tubing into that hole, ground everything flat, press-fit a polyurethane bushing, attached a U-bracket onto the diff and then sent a 5/8" bolt through the crossmember tube on the inside of the bushing. The old design that everyone has been using is basically a thrust bearing/bushing made out of rubber. This method allows the same degrees of freedom and uses the wall of the bushing as a support.


img2177ig.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Cross Member After.jpg
    Cross Member After.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,859
Last edited by a moderator:
M

MUTAINT

Guest
Here's mine. Welded a straight section of square tubing into the cross member and drilled a 1-1/4" Hole sideways, welded a piece of 1-1/4 round tubing into that hole, ground everything flat, press-fit a polyurethane bushing, attached a U-bracket onto the diff and then sent a 5/8" bolt through the crossmember tube on the inside of the bushing. The old design that everyone has been using is basically a thrust bearing/bushing made out of rubber. This method allows the same degrees of freedom and uses the wall of the bushing as a support.

Nice Fab Work!
 

Sennin

Well-Known Member
Messages
453
Location
South Africa
What would be the possibility to just send me the new upgraded bushing, as shipping to and from South Africa is going to be murder?
 
Top