• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 rear view mirrors

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Did you contact him? Just wondering how you know they don't fold.

Price is great, but I would sure miss the power folding. Mine flap like wings on the trails around here.
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Would say, he got ahold of mirrors that were under warranty that would not fold. Probably a tech for a GM dealership.
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
They don't fold, I talked to him and did my research. They are a good cheap replacement though...mine have a lil jiggle too at high speeds but I'm not ready to pull door panels and replace them. Now that I know these replacements are out there I'm in no rush.
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
Did you contact him? Just wondering how you know they don't fold.

Price is great, but I would sure miss the power folding. Mine flap like wings on the trails around here.

I did talk to him. He said he bought them but sold the Hummer before he could install them. I got him down to $120 but decided to wait. I saw the exact same ones on eBay and the listing said they don't fold.
 

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
I could not live with out power fold in mirrors, it's the only way I can fit this wide rig through some of the tight jeep trails in Florida.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
I could not live with out power fold in mirrors, it's the only way I can fit this wide rig through some of the tight jeep trails in Florida.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here on Cali trails, way too tight. Plus I fold them parked at work on the street.
 

Fish

Well-Known Member
Messages
871
Location
San Diego, CA
Ditto. I use em all the time. I think the knock offs can fold manually so if you want to save a few bucks they could be an option
 

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
I have a file from way back in the day, I think it was posted by a guy named Easy Ed from Elcova. Its shows how to take apart and repair the mirror/motor assembly. The original link had for Elcova is down, but it was reposted here. http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=246754&postcount=28 I found a PDF of the same info a few years back that was ripped off by a site called 4x4us.net, it was the exact same text and images from the Elcova thread, but I can't upload pdfs here.
 
Top