• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Exo cage H2 SUV

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
As some of you remember, I had a problem ( big problem) with my tire carrier by RA.

So after spending some time in my "Technology Center"
The-Old-Shed-by-Heather-T-Imagery-qpps_463856673621146MDjpg168116cropnorth.jpg
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
And getting some ideas to fix the problem I saw this and was shocked, Shocked I tell you,
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg


at POOR workmanship of this exo-cage.
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
This looked like some one with no design skills and limited imagination would do. This was a straw that broke the camel's back.
I enlarged "Technology center"
old-aussie-shearing-shed-at-Belle-Vista-Farm-Park-inspiration-for-an-aussie-barn-.jpg


quid some music and got to work.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Omg! all of this: :boom::bang2::mg::ba::soldier::bang:can happen and nothing will happen to the "hamster." I also see you added the bars by the doors and then added to the barn doors. Holy **** serge, I love it.

I know in the old thread people were making jokes of the "monkey bars" but when I saw this in person it was badass. If a trail is too tight you put serge in front and he will pave a way. Front and rear winches RA bumpers exo cage etc. I also talked to him about the drivetrain. This build is just starting...lol and dont forget the offroad trailer that is going behind it. SERGE YOUR A BADASS.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Btw serge when you guys stopped by magic mountain after that gorman run a few of my jeep buddies saw a line of Hummers. They know I am a fanatic so they call me and start explaining the most badass H2 they have ever seen. After they described it I found out the H2 they were talking about was the hamster...even the jeep guys love it.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
WOW! Nice job Serge. You had been quiet lately - now I know why!

The Fighting Hamster has quietly been pumping, or I should say - adding, more iron. I love it!! Like I said before, your rig needs to star in a movie!
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Damn Serge! And I thought mine was a never ending project. Looking forward to seeing the new additions in person. :thumbs:
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
Lets continue,
cgalpha08 I have one question, where can i get one of those "technology centers"? Haha
big%20happy%20smile.gif

You grow them like a weed:giggle:

Now as you can see this setup gave as some challenges.

The can carriers are removable and the can be removed or replaced with different type , don't have pics yet.

We still have to make side and rear carrier plates.
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
The tire presented some bigger challenges, like how in the hell would you remove 100-150lbs wheel from 6 feet above.
:hthink:

And one "Technology center" visit later i had a solution = crane/winch assy.
IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg
 

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Messages
1,588
Location
Raleigh area NC
So we mounted pivot plate for crane assy. between roof rack and rear door frame tubes. Now plate with winch turns 180* and i can winch wheel up and to the side of the truck. Crane are will be square tubing and extendable with remotely controlled winch.
 
Last edited:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
So you have a caboose on your backend and a crane on the roof? Amazing! Actually, I think the crane is a pretty good way of getting the spare up and down. Realistically there aren't very many people who can lift a spare that high. At least not more than once. I hope the crane folds flat for transit.
 
Top