• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Backwoods custom H3 bumper build thread

backwoods

Well-Known Member
Messages
475
Location
independence
BW....I can't believe you went thru all that welding and grinding and didn't incorporate a winch mount! Thats a ton of work to do, and you did such a nice job...only to bolt the shelf bracket on top of it. Sort of looks like its an afterthought or something...especially leaned forward like that. I vote you cut up the CB and somehow fuse the two designs together (preferably level), or at least do some mods to the CB-mount so it blends better with your bumper.

Started on the rear one yet?

:)

Ive been thinking about that fuse together and getting that angle right ...or going back and cut into it and build a fairlead mount but i used 11ga steal and i think it will give away

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 

backwoods

Well-Known Member
Messages
475
Location
independence
a6b5031e-9021-18e8.jpg
a6b50375-9031-9542.jpg
Testin out some 35s on xd wheels yay or nay?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 

backcountryislife

Well-Known Member
Messages
858
Location
Dumont, CO
Yeah, definitely the nicest looking bumper I've seen. I love how it opens up the wheel area... as long as you put the big rocks there, you're not touching squat! Nice to see looks & function. (would be cool to see the winch incorporated though... but still looks great!)
 

backwoods

Well-Known Member
Messages
475
Location
independence
Yeah, definitely the nicest looking bumper I've seen. I love how it opens up the wheel area... as long as you put the big rocks there, you're not touching squat! Nice to see looks & function. (would be cool to see the winch incorporated though... but still looks great!)

I have a cb mount and i like it so stuck with it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
My buddy just randomlybtold me to come swap em off his truck he has a lifted.1500

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I need a friend like that...lol your buddy have a set of new duratracs or KM2s? If he just wants to give em away let me know:wink:
 

backwoods

Well-Known Member
Messages
475
Location
independence
On tge topic of the bumper I spent like $100ish to build it ...and he doesnt have anymore lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 

backwoods

Well-Known Member
Messages
475
Location
independence
My tires full aproach angle just tires is a 75-80 degree angle and a tad more than stock at the bumper due to lift height red is my aproach at tires blue is that of the bumper
a6b5038e-fa00-cab8.jpg


Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited:
Top